Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you tint your windscren? I heard people say that you can get spray can from Auto store, has anyne try that ?
Thanks for advice
By the way Merry christmas and happy new year to all.

·
No longer in Seattle
1,566 Posts
Quit being cheap and buy one:redflip

JK. Welcome

I hear if you tint them yourself it is a waiste of time and comes off. It is not worth your time and materials. Pay the $40-$70 and buy it impregnated in the plastic.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gtaholic said:
Quit being cheap and buy one:redflip

JK. Welcome

I hear if you tint them yourself it is a waiste of time and comes off. It is not worth your time and materials. Pay the $40-$70 and buy it impregnated in the plastic.
not trying to cheap but they don't have smoke windscreen available for my bike Derbi GPR50:redflip back at ya :nanana :p

·
Deer in headlights
10,608 Posts
If you dont need to see thru it, paint it black then.....from the inside though.
If you need to see thru it, good luck. That so called "tint paint" works like shit, especially when trying to do clear items. It is very very difficult to keep the coats even without getting light and dark spots.

·
This little piggy went to market...
2,684 Posts
I used black model spray paint with a little metalic in it to give it a cool look. I sprayed the inside of the screen a few times to make it even.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
:shake NO NO NO. Two ways you can do this. Window tint on the inside (Which actually works pretty well) or you can mix up a batch of black and clear, BUT, it'll look a little hazy up close. Still better than the auto tint (Nightshades) crap you can buy and it'll look really shiny all the time. $50 if you want me to have it done for you - only use PPG so paint is expensive for us. The cheaper the paint, the more peely it looks when you're doing something transparent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts