Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Kevin
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of a tire groupbuy going on, looking for DC's or Pirelli Powers. if not ,i know where we could start our own possible group buy if anyone needs new shoes. im not talking super prices or anything, but theyre decent

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
whereabouts, I get mine from absolute performance in NJ and they will mount them for free if you bring the rims.

Tom

·
Kevin
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i might be getting DC's for 240 shipped, if anyone is interested, let me know and ill look into it further and get a definate $$$. dont hold me to any of this though, i was never good at being the middleman.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Pirelli's are expensive man.. I get Michelin Pilot power DOT race tires for 250/set

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
opinion914 said:
i might be getting DC's for 240 shipped, if anyone is interested, let me know and ill look into it further and get a definate $$$. dont hold me to any of this though, i was never good at being the middleman.
Let me know I would take a set or 2

Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Apparently, I can't post urls unless I have more posts but I was trying to post that there's a vendor on the R6 board (r6mn.com) that has a special on Pilot Powers for $229 shipped.

The vendor's website is www dot solomotoparts dot com. You'll have to call for the special pricing.

·
CF hater....
3,993 Posts
pilot powers= DC's interms of stickiness wear etc... 70% track 30% street?????/

·
Registered
16 Posts
There was a great article in Sport Rider last month that tested a lot of tires. The PPs looked like they weren't too worn after the test loop. They were rated pretty high.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
I am too much of a creature of habit, I know the DC's work for me so I will stick with them for now;)

I do like michelins too though, I loved the old pilot sports and currently have pilot roads on my futura :thumb

Tom

·
CF hater....
3,993 Posts
Dc's pilot powers = pilot race? or
pilot race = supercorse

basically do i need warmers on them,,lol

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
pilot power race and supercorsas are DOT race tires. (they heat cycle..not reccomended for street use)

pilot powers and diablo corsas are soft street tires.(they don't really heat cycle.. good for the street but you wont get a ton of miles of of them)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
tommymac said:
whereabouts, I get mine from absolute performance in NJ and they will mount them for free if you bring the rims.

Tom
I paid $246 for DC's from them. Great price, I think.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Vinny said:
I paid $246 for DC's from them. Great price, I think.
They do have one of the better prices, plus you cant beat the free mounting, and its not too much of a trip depending on how fubared the belt and SI expressway are.

Tom

1 - 20 of 70 Posts