6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Stillie damage

foot

collar bone..the bump is one of the ends sticking up

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm sure that duct tape will come in handy now.

play hard, pay hard.

Hate to knock a brother when he's down, but those be the facts.

Hope your feeling better.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Ah, the bike did real well. Looks like cosmetics only.

Bodily injuries look ok too. How long for the collar bone to heal up?

Get well!

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fighterjet said:
I'm sure that duct tape will come in handy now.

play hard, pay hard.

Hate to knock a brother when he's down, but those be the facts.

Hope your feeling better.
Two words...acceptable risk :D

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
damn, your bruising is pretty small. Mine covered my whole shoulder just about. Gotta see if I can find the shitty pic I took of it back then

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Dodger said:
damn, your bruising is pretty small. Mine covered my whole shoulder just about. Gotta see if I can find the shitty pic I took of it back then
Yeah but ya gotta remember those are fresh shots.....bruising doesn't usually develop until day 1 and 2 when the blood pools

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
Ventosus said:
Yeah but ya gotta remember those are fresh shots.....bruising doesn't usually develop until day 1 and 2 when the blood pools
Yeah, but I don't even remember day 1 and day 2 and the next two weeks (especially the first week) were pretty f'n hazy too. :)

I do remember someone in the ER asking me "Do you remember what movie you saw?" and I said, "Don't you dare fucking tell me it was that Biker Boyz shit." and they laughed and showed me the ticket that was in my pocket. :D

·
Registered
613 Posts
Some duct tape and a large hammer will fix that right up... Not sure what to tell you about the bike though. :nanana

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:crackup I have some fresh cast shots to post. Might be a couple of days though because I'm looking for a silver marker to write "428" on it. :laughing

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
R1Myers said:
That looks like a hobbitt's foot. Sorry about your crash, black frames suck for reasons like this.
I thought it was supposed to explode on impact. Aren't all K5 frames supposed to do that? :laughing

·
Registered
936 Posts
R1Myers said:
That looks like a hobbitt's foot. Sorry about your crash, black frames suck for reasons like this.
Nah...not enough hair on the toes. :nanana

·
Registered
172 Posts
Stillie said:
I thought it was supposed to explode on impact. Aren't all K5 frames supposed to do that? :laughing
Yep:laughing What else is amazing is that you still have all the warning stickers on there.

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Brooks said:
Yep:laughing What else is amazing is that you still have all the warning stickers on there.
Just wait until that band-aid sticker I ordered for the tank gets here. :D

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Pilot Powers are fine for track days when the temps are above 60. They were working just fine, but I think that I took them to their limit. Hindsight says that I could've probably been much smoother and made them stick, but I'm not so sure.

Up until the crash, they were steady as a rock and very predictable. I like them immensely and feel they are a great all around tire. But I'm not convinced that they no longer suit my riding style or the speeds that I'm now approaching.

I'm going to switch to Pilot Race and get a set of warmers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts