Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well as far as mods I only know of 2.Remove the lid and removal of the flappers.I have done both,don't remove the lid,you gain mid range but lose top end power plus it makes way too much noise.Do the Flapper removal I don't have a detialed instructions for this but if you check Castors link it is probably there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You can go with Joe V's airbox mod on the www.tl1000.com website. You can also get a sharkskinz or Hermitt Dragon airbox. You cab get bigger ramair tubes also. You'll get better top end results with any of these mods but I hear that the sharkskinz airbox is a bitch of a task to install it right. I would go to the ble board www.tl1000.com for better info.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I did the Joe V air box mod which includes cutting away some of the base plate and deleting the flapers. I can say I noticed it cleaned up the throttle responce a bit and give it some more pull up top but it wasn't anything damatic. In defence though, I could still use a remap. The TRE made some serious difference on my bike. Now it feels like a liter bike. All of which will help if you're looking for a little more edge out of the bike though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Scrapyard said:
I did the Joe V air box mod which includes cutting away some of the base plate and deleting the flapers. I can say I noticed it cleaned up the throttle responce a bit and give it some more pull up top but it wasn't anything damatic. In defence though, I could still use a remap. The TRE made some serious difference on my bike. Now it feels like a liter bike. All of which will help if you're looking for a little more edge out of the bike though.
That is the mod that I did.I don't rmember it as the JoeV mod when I did it back in 98.I believe it was Jamie's from the UK anyway that is a good link for the mod.Scrapyard if you need a remap I can help ya with that the next time there is a ride I will bring my Yosh box and do it for ya.

P.S. The Sharkskinz ram air tubes help even more:toothy

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same results with the Joe V airbox mod. I also went with a K&N filter at the same time I did the mod. Nothing drastic, just a few subtle improvements in throttle response.

:eek:hyeah

·
Kevin
1,017 Posts
I did the JoeV mod as well, it lets alot of air in there. I had to go +10,+10,+5 with the YAFMS and am still @ 15:1 air/fuel in the low and midrange. should be more like 13:1. like i said, lotsa air gets in there, maybe too much with this mod. this is with the stock filter too!

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Fat Kat said:
Yellow,because it swallowed a duck.
Mine's blue and white,because it swallowed a yellow one.:chainsaw

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: TLR Airbox Mods

Monstrvtwin said:
Mine's blue and white,because it swallowed a yellow one.:chainsaw
You're supposed to STOP at the stop sign, not run over the bike in front of you! You KNOW that's the ONLY way a Blue and White could get a YELLOW any where NEAR the intake :redflip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts