Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a huge fan of advanced steering concept bikes, like the Bimota Tesi, the various James Parker/RADD concept bikes, etc..

I always thought it would be fun to build a pocketbike like that, but had no plans on doing so any time soon. It looks like somebody else already's done it.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the picture off of the DCMinimoto website, where there isn't much info on it - I'd sure love to know more about it as well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!!! I've been trying to collect Tesi 2D pics since I first saw the Intermot reports. The Bimota site is pathetic - the web whiz there should be flogged.

Hmmmmm, Vyrus :drool

·
Registered
366 Posts
from what i understand vyrus is the same people that designed the tesi, i beleave bimota had no desire to further persue the technology

i am still impressed by the engineering of the whole turning the wheels via the hubs, just cant afford the big version

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for those pics - I'd never seen that minimotofirenze.it site before - lots of neat stuff there. I'm Italian illiterate, but I can sure read the pictures......

·
Registered
13 Posts
I read in some foreign motorcycle magazine that the full size Bimota Tesi 2D, which looks identical to the Vryus bike handles like absolute junk. Due to the design of the steering within the front hub, it turns a certain amount to one side but not the same amount to the other. Sadly I can't remember which mag it was but I think it was an Australian magazine and I read it at Barnes and Noble about a month ago. I recall reading the original Tesi didn't handle well either. It's such a great concept, but I don't think anyone has worked it out yet to be good enough to sell.

That's not to say the TMF pocketbike handles poorly. Maybe when it's scaled down, the steering issue can be fixed. Let's hope TMF is working out the bugs and puts it on the market.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts