Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I have a chance to lap at Second Creek here in Denver for free over the next couple of days. The weather is not cooperating very well, as the best day looks to be tommorrow, Friday the 26th with highs 45-50 degrees.

I know I can wear layers to stay warm, but am worried about track and tire temps.

I'm on Bridgestone BT-10's for now. Street bike. Just wanting to lap more this year if possible. Sand all over our streets. The track is the only safe place right now for turns.

I would appreciate any feedback regarding track / tire temps. Tire pressure will come into play here as well.

Thanks! :thumb

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
We did VIR last month in some pretty cold temps. The day started out in the 20's and by noon it was in the High 40's Once it got into the 45-50 range we were riding pretty hard. Just give your tires a few laps to get warm instead of just one lap. Also Tire warmers would be a good idea..

I'd just start out slow and test your traction gradually until you build up your confidence in the cold. Good luck/have fun

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, we got half way up to Denver and the snow clouds rolled in. We turned around and came home. I am so bummed :(

I guess I'm done for 2003. I plan to do lots of track days next year. Thx for the tire and temp advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts