Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forum Leader,
18,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many women here are track/race junkies???

How many Tracks have you been to?
How many trackdays(if you can remember)?
If you race how many seasons have you raced for?
What bike(s) do you ride on the track?
If you have been to a sponsored event/school which one would you recommend for the beginner, and intermediate riders? (like STT, freddy spencer, peguine, bargy)

I have ridden both Jennings and Roebling road.
I think 6-7 maybe???? First several sucked cause of bike issues.
Just got my race license.
00 R6 and have had seat time on a 01 SV650 and 03 R6
I HIGHLY recommend STT trackdays for all levels. Everyone is super nice and helpful. Plus they give discounts to us women, and a session for just us after lunch. Also they take actions when they need to when people act stupid at the track.

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
1fastchick said:
How many women here are track/race junkies??? suppose that depends on the def. of track junkies, i loooove going to the track so yea, i guess i am???

How many Tracks have you been to?one, Texas World Speedway
How many trackdays(if you can remember)? 3, ridden in 2
If you race how many seasons have you raced for? 0
What bike(s) do you ride on the track? I've ridden the VFR and the SV
If you have been to a sponsored event/school which one would you recommend for the beginner, and intermediate riders? (like STT, freddy spencer, peguine, bargy) I've been to both Lonestar & Ridesmart, I enjoyed them both, and both have great "beginner" courses :thumb

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Just got my R6 in June. Two track days so far and one personal instruction day with a professional. Signed up for the CA Superbike school here at PPIR in Sept 03 but it cancelled :(

As for tracks, I have raced on the following (car only)
Road Atlanta
Lanier Raceway (red necks) :laughing (long story....)
Roebling Road
Charlotte
Daytona
Rockingham
Leguna Seca
Willow Springs

Bike:
Second Creek Raceway (Denver CO)
Pueblo Motorsports Track (Pueblo CO)

Hopefully will get on Leguna on the bike in '04 and Thunderhill in CA. :thumb

Not planning to race, really, just better my own skills. Track days are perfect for that! :thumb

·
Registered
850 Posts
How many Tracks have you been to? VIR North, VIR South, VIR Full Course, Little T, Jennings, CMP, Beaverun, Pahrump.
How many trackdays(if you can remember)? I've lost count, and I should be much faster than I am for as many miles as I have on the track.
If you race how many seasons have you raced for? Not the least bit interested in racing
What bike(s) do you ride on the track?'01 Falco (selling) '02 Mille, still don't know for '04
If you have been to a sponsored event/school which one would you recommend for the beginner, and intermediate riders? (like STT, freddy spencer, peguine, bargy)I've been to Cornerspeed school which I highly recommend, but not necessarily for beginners. Aaron also puts on a very good track day. We also go to private events with USDESMO. I have heard great things about Jason Pridmore's STAR classes. If you can afford it, Freddie Spensers class is number one. Oh, ya.... I highly recommend STT.
Addicted? Strange as it may be... No, I'm not. I'd rather be alone in the desert on dirt bikes with my hubby, maps, gps, and a couple of cold Coronas.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Total race junkie here!

# tracks = 9 (Buttonwillow, Vegas Classic, Firebird East, Firebird Main, Arroyo Seco Clockwise, Arroyo Seco Counterclockwise, Phoenix International, Sandia, Daytona)

# total trackdays = 27 (started in Nov. '01)

# race seasons = 1.5

Bikes = MZ Skorpion, TZ 250, '72 Honda CL450

School = I'll be taking my first race school this Feb. with Shawn Higbee. I'll let you all know how it works out! :)

Yes, I have an addiction. It's not a "problem." ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Before I discovered performance riding, I used to go shopping, wear nice clothes and eat in restaurants. I even had a savings account! LOLOL

I'll be starting my 3rd season racing (CCS) in 2004. If $ permit, I'll be pursuing the Midwest Amateur SuperTwins Championship on my TL1000R. I'm also considering trying my hand at a local endurance series (FastTrax), and will continue to work with my coach, "Super Dave" Rosno of VisionSports Riding School. Will also be "control-riding" for the second year with our local club's events.

Have ridden Road America, Blackhawk Farms (my home track), Gingerman, Grattan, and Putnam Park.

Did a couple track days with STT in 2002 (Grattan and Gingerman). Monte and Bonnie put on an excellent event and I hope to spend more time with them in '04.

I've spent many more weekends with NESBA... they're an excellent group of people and put on very safe and fun trackdays.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Tracks - JenningsGP, TGPR (Talladega), Road Atlanta, Thunderhill, Sears Point (Infineon), Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio
Track days - 15 or so I think :confused
Race - Anyone wanna donate to the fund? My butt is tired of sitting around :D CCS AM #773 SE & Pacific
Bikes - '02 Yamaha R6, '00 Ducati 748, '99 Gix 750
School - Ed Bargy racing school and STT :thumb

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
1fastchick said:
How many women here are track/race junkies??? Definate track fanatic!! I love being there, I love the atmosphere, I love everything about it!!!

How many Tracks have you been to?all three were different tracks. I have done VIR South in Virginia, Brainard International Raceway, and Pahrump in Nevada

How many trackdays(if you can remember)? 2 track days and one school

If you race how many seasons have you raced for?Hoping to start racing next year :) thats if I can get my bike running good enough... not to compete in the tops but to at least hang in there with 'em

What bike(s) do you ride on the track?I run a FZR 600, that is track use only :) She is a good machine, but not as strong as the newer bikes

If you have been to a sponsored event/school which one would you recommend for the beginner, and intermediate riders? (like STT, freddy spencer, peguine, bargy)I have been to two STT track days and they are fantastic!! Both were at the Femmoto events and they do a great job! Definately making that a yearly ritual!! I have also done Edgeracing school, here in Minnesota at BIR. They do a good job, there were only 5/6 people in my class and the in classroom instruction was great! only beef was the didn't critisize my riding ablilities... I was the only girl, so I think they were cautious with what to say to me. They would just say, great job, very smooth, now work on getting you butt off... which was cool... I got more then what I expected out of it :)

This thread makes me sad because its winter :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.