Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anyone else other than STT that does track time at Gratten or Gingerman?

·
Registered
116 Posts
The TSBR boys have started a group called apex2apex. Their website is http://www.apex2apex.net/

They are hosting 4 days this summer at grattan for killer prices if you attend more than one. No signup costs like STT which is nice. I want to go to them but I dont think they will have much instruction at all. It looks very well organized none the less!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I was pretty bumed about TH leaving :(

TSBR..hmmmm Nice I'll have to check that out!

Thanks for the info

·
Hate that.
1,492 Posts
derxz said:
The TSBR boys have started a group called apex2apex. Their website is http://www.apex2apex.net/

They are hosting 4 days this summer at grattan for killer prices if you attend more than one. No signup costs like STT which is nice. I want to go to them but I dont think they will have much instruction at all. It looks very well organized none the less!
Looks like the former Trackoholic guys (Dennis, Nathan, etc). :clap

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd love to go to 3/4 of these days because of the sweet price but am in fear of lack of instruction. If any of you sv pros are going can you maybe help me a bit? I think I have pretty good street corner skills but am a total beginer when it comes to leaning off the bike and picking good lines and following through.

·
Hate that.
1,492 Posts
derxz said:
I'd love to go to 3/4 of these days because of the sweet price but am in fear of lack of instruction. If any of you sv pros are going can you maybe help me a bit? I think I have pretty good street corner skills but am a total beginer when it comes to leaning off the bike and picking good lines and following through.
For your first time out I would highly recommend going with STT. You'll learn a lot more.

·
It's got a lot of power!
1,003 Posts
derxz said:
... If any of you sv pros are going can you maybe help me a bit? ....
I am far from a pro, but if I am there feel free to stop by and ask for advice, I'd be glad to help you out...

...as my off-roading (and I don't mean on a dirt bike :)) colleague Wade pointed out though, STT runs a very good Novice group - it's well organized and the instructors are great. Even though they run more people I still preferred them for the Novice group over Trackoholics. (the Int and Adv groups were a different story)

I would email the "apex2apex" guys and see what type of instruction they offer in the Novice group, and how it is run. It looks like Dave and Nate from Trackoholics will be there and both of them were instructors.

·
Hate that.
1,492 Posts
misko said:

...as my off-roading (and I don't mean on a dirt bike :)) colleague Wade pointed out though, STT runs a very good Novice group - it's well organized and the instructors are great. Even though they run more people I still preferred them for the Novice group over Trackoholics. (the Int and Adv groups were a different story)
I think you ended up off-road more than me last year. I also think we have video to validate that claim. :redflip Anyway, I'm planning on making each of the A2A events. Hope to see you there. BTW, despite the warm weather, Reynosa MX should not be on anyone's vacation destination list. Can't wait to get out of here and (I can't believe I'm saying this) back to Michigan.

·
Registered
849 Posts
wdavis009 said:
I think you ended up off-road more than me last year. I also think we have video to validate that claim. :redflip Anyway, I'm planning on making each of the A2A events. Hope to see you there. BTW, despite the warm weather, Reynosa MX should not be on anyone's vacation destination list. Can't wait to get out of here and (I can't believe I'm saying this) back to Michigan.
you didn't drink the water did you?? that could explain the bad times.

last time i was south of the border i had a run in with some E. coli, a strip club and absolutely no toilet paper.

·
Under skilled, over equipped
503 Posts
Wade, you know you can buy all kinds of antibiotics down there. Penicillin, etc right in your local pharmacy. Or do as I do once you get there lick the first urinal you see, you be fine......

Most of Mexico is a craphole, Reynosa is a special little gem tho..

·
Hate that.
1,492 Posts
zip650 said:
Wade, you know you can buy all kinds of antibiotics down there. Penicillin, etc right in your local pharmacy. Or do as I do once you get there lick the first urinal you see, you be fine......

Most of Mexico is a craphole, Reynosa is a special little gem tho..
While I am sick now, it is not the Mexican flu. Fever seems to have finally broken, but I am still not going to work tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts