Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would of thought that a 30 cent resistor would make so much differnce?
If you havn't tried this mod yet you're missing out, the power delivery brought out by this mod is so smooth and crisp it would be impossible to not notice, there also seems to be a small gain in power but I'm not sure if its true HP or just feels like it because of the timing.
On the down side it seems to burn more fuel, not sure if it's considerably more but I could definitly smell it when getting on the throttle.
Conclusion: I'm happy with the mod and you should be to. :)

·
"You're not worthy."
2,545 Posts
Okay, I'll bite. What the heck is a TRE?

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
Throttle Retard Eliminator. After I installed mine it would allow me to give the bike gas...hehe j/k

It's a small 15 or 8.5 ohm resister that is wired inline with Suzuki's GPS (gear position sensor). Suzuki is known to limit the timing in lower gears. The TRE tricks the bike into thinking it's in 5th gear removing all retardation and/or the topspeed limiter.

I had one on my hayabusa. Aside from SMOKING my rear tire or almost wearing my bike as a hat in 1st..I removed it.

It provided just enough power to upset my bike in turns. Personally, I like the lesser amount of power in the lower gears. I almost ate trees a number of tims with the TRE. It made me throttle shy.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Effing Limey said:
Okay, I'll bite. What the heck is a TRE?
It's a Timing Retarder Eliminator. Basically, on Suzuki's Fuel Injected bikes, they retard the ignition for the first 1/2 turn of the throttle in the first 4 gears. The TRE allows full ignition timing all the time. It will also disable the speed limiter on those bikes that have them like the Hayabusa.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep in mind I did mine on a Gixxer six, so I don't think I'll be having those problems in the future :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had Ivans TRE on my TLR and it didn't do a damm thing that a good map doesn't do. The bike sprays more fuel with the TRE which doesn't burn causing carbon buildup on the injectors. Many swear by the TRE but I swear by the Yosh Box or PCII. Batter to be safe then sorry.

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
Jason01'TLR said:
I had Ivans TRE on my TLR and it didn't do a damm thing that a good map doesn't do. The bike sprays more fuel with the TRE which doesn't burn causing carbon buildup on the injectors. Many swear by the TRE but I swear by the Yosh Box or PCII. Batter to be safe then sorry.
Mine just made my midrange super twitchy. I paid $25 for my ivan's TRE (used). It was worth about $25 of performance. Not much. Not that this was the issue but I've read many drag racers run worse times with the TRE vs no TRE. The bike is unmanagable (hayabusa)

·
Whoa, Black Betty...bam-ba-lam
14,005 Posts
I had one on my 02 GSXR 1000.....it made a huge difference, but required me to be a little less aggressive with throttle when exiting corners. I had that coupled with a PCIII and a Scorpion can. Made for one smooth power delivery.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
na keeping it and turning it into a track bike, ill have me another bike by march [stunna bike] than lookin to get a real bike by end of the year

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
Scot said:
Mine just made my midrange super twitchy. I paid $25 for my ivan's TRE (used). It was worth about $25 of performance. Not much. Not that this was the issue but I've read many drag racers run worse times with the TRE vs no TRE. The bike is unmanagable (hayabusa)
I can see that. I rode a stock bus, and it nearly ripped my arms out in first gear.:eek

·
Registered
147 Posts
Most Hated said:
i cant wait to do it to my TLR!

Check SV1000.zyns.com. They have a current posting with some great photos and step by step on how to do the mod.

I will working on this mod over the weekend. Looks simple with a little prep. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.