Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
my dirt bike has slicks
7,323 Posts
More power in stock trim than an R6 with PC3 and pipe...not bad, not bad at all.

The problem Triumph teams always run into is a lack of off-the-shelf race parts. They basically end up having to fabricate everything from scratch. Other teams have race ECUs, the Valmoto team used a Powercommander :rolleyes :laughing

·
You can keep your CHANGE
1,931 Posts
neat.
what kinda of racing they are going to compete in?

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
gunluvS14 said:
neat.
what kinda of racing they are going to compete in?
In the USA they'll be Riding:
" American Sportbike Racing Association Classes: Sportbike, Superbike"
They'd be in the middleweight class of those series.

The UK team would appear their running in British Supersport.

Atleast thats what I gather from reading their websites :redflip

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
The AMA doesn't seem to have a class the 675 fits into. Here they will be racing on the club level such as WERA. Elsewhere around the world they will race professionally such as the British Supersport racer I linked above.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Paul Young will also be running his own 675 team in British supersport. This is basicly a privateer effort as Triumph is providing no factory support for racing. Paul finished 2nd in last years Australian Superstock championship. He's been road racing motorcycles for 15 years most frequently in British national level series. He has also been a bike tester for superbike magazine. He has a unique advantage in that he already has 6000 mostly track miles on the 675 having been a contract development rider for Triumph since 2004.

Paul says; "Having been involved with the 675 since 2004 I have both a soft spot for the bike and an understanding of just how good it really is, and believe me it is! It's the best production bike I've ever ridden, and I've ridden all the ones that count."

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Buster said:
The AMA doesn't seem to have a class the 675 fits into. Here they will be racing on the club level such as WERA. Elsewhere around the world they will race professionally such as the British Supersport racer I linked above.
The AMA has made it clear that supersport racing in their series will be 600cc only, no exceptions. Now they might be able to squeeze it into FX, since the 749 is allowed there. But it's going to take atleast a year for tuners to get the feel for what the motor can handle to get the 'mini-superbike' levels of HP out of it. WERA and the former CCS have all made rule changes to fit the 675. Funnily enough the FIM hasn't they said "We will not make a rule change just for one bike". Guess that original rule allowing the Ducati in supersport doesn't count.:rolleyes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts