Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
oh my. those dyno figures all done on the same dyno may just be enough to send the squids running! can you imagine a triumph daytona being the hot squid bike? next, the starboyz will be stuntin' it and it will be total CHAOS!! :redflip

·
Moderator - NTSR,
277 Posts
The folks at Martin Motorsports had traveled from Pottstown PA all the way up to Loudon NH for one of the 2 Triumph Track Days I had run. The owners are VERY cool people! I think this is a great thing they are getting involved in. Mike Himmelsbach is a very good rider at the high end of club racing, and places mid-to-rear pack in AMA nationals. He's usually been on Yamaha TZ's and (for a short stint) R6's. He's quite a threat with small bikes.

Most of his accomplishments were with Blackmans Aprilia and most recently, with Hooters Suzuki. There, he often placed ahead of his teammates. Eric Wood was one Team Hooters rider who I believe was replaced by Mike, but they remain good friends as Wood sponsors the Himmelsbach Racing team as a sponsor with his Woodcraft product line.

It still remains to be seen what classes the D675 will be allowed to run. If they kick ass in any class, be certain the Japanese bike guys will be screaming to disallow it.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Coll article although I am curious about the following statement...

We found it easy to convert the shifting pattern to GP shift
When i looked at the bike, I didn't really see how this would be possible without special parts, maybe I just didn't think it through enough.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I'd love to hear why the AMA justifies the Buell in FX but the D675 is ineligible in Supersport and FX.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
pdog said:
I'd love to hear why the AMA justifies the Buell in FX but the D675 is ineligible in Supersport and FX.

Probably because the Daytona 200 is the biggest AMA race and they're hoping to attract HD interest by letting Buell in.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
pdog said:
Supersport is easy. AMA Supersport means production 600cc, whether its 2, 3, 4, or 8 cyl, no acceptions. FX, well that would be interesting. But I think they have their hands full with the fiasco everyone else is making of the Buell entry. Maybe in 2 years, according to their new rules making structure :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
rekoniz said:
Probably because the Daytona 200 is the biggest AMA race and they're hoping to attract HD interest by letting Buell in.
Wouldn't that then mean that HD would actually have to show an interest in the Buells? I have heard nothing but nightmares about HD service and Support for Buells

·
Registered
13 Posts
style_one said:
oh my. those dyno figures all done on the same dyno may just be enough to send the squids running! can you imagine a triumph daytona being the hot squid bike? next, the starboyz will be stuntin' it and it will be total CHAOS!! :redflip
Break out the fur!!!:eek

·
Registered
13 Posts
pdog said:
The AMA book says an air-cooled twin is allowed unlimited mods.

The FX rules are not clear cut with regards to the air-cooled twin as two seperate rules contridict each other.

Superbike Planet has an explanation of it.

Personally, I think the bike is gonna be a hand grenade. How can a Sportster motor hopped up to 150hp last longer than 10 laps without puking it's connectiong rods at a track like Daytona?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
skrap1r0n said:
Wouldn't that then mean that HD would actually have to show an interest in the Buells? I have heard nothing but nightmares about HD service and Support for Buells

I have no idea about that. What I was talking about was the AMA trying to attract more HD fans.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Presumably they have done plenty of race distance testing. The last thing HD/Buell needs is more proof of their unreliability.

Motorace said:
Personally, I think the bike is gonna be a hand grenade. How can a Sportster motor hopped up to 150hp last longer than 10 laps without puking it's connectiong rods at a track like Daytona?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts