Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the same bike as the TT w/o fairings ect? And I read that you can buy a last years 2003 model for under $6000... IS this true?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, $5700 for a naked TT.. That is a awesome deal!!!

I have read alot about the speed triple.. But not much on the 4...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I got my leftover 02 for about $1000 off of sticker. I'm so used to riding my Z400 sport quad which has alot of torque at lower rpms that I went with the S3 over the 4. Unless you are dead set on the S4 you should definiteley test ride both the S3 and the S4. I haven't ridden the S4 but my S3 starts pulling really hard at about 3k rpms. I understand that the S4 has to really rev it out for the power to roll on.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Got to do a little revving on the Speed Four over the triple and the bike is physically a lot smaller, so your size will be important.
I tested it is Spain when if first came out http://www.motorcyclejournal.net/articles/Bike_Review/Triuimph Speed 4/article.html

and had one on long term test and they are great bikes. Did a couple of 350-400 mile days and not too bad with some soft luggage. Lots of fun in the twisties. Great for wheelies too.

N

:p

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I've been having a blast on mine. Got a new left over '02 for 5K. I find it to be very comfortable and very capable. It also gets a lot of looks and comments since it is so different looking.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
THey are definitely different. I have yet to see a Speed Four on the road in the DFW area. I have only seen 2 other Speed Triples. It's nice to have something so rare. :thumb

·
Tonight we dine in HELL!!
2,541 Posts
Yeah but they are not EXACTLY a TT600 sans fairings..the slight difference is that they are tuned for better midrange power. Pretty user friendly power from what I hear...

Jon our Triumph dealer had a sweet black S4 thatthey sold on Ebay for waay under $6k, someone back east bought ...I mean stole it:D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Too bad I am not in the market for another bike yet... Those things would be cool to have as a 2nd ride! Damn cheap too!!! I paid $7300 for mine, and that was before FRT and Delivery ect..

·
Moderator,
8,028 Posts
The thing is, though, I bet you'd enjoy the Sp4 a lot more than your CBR. Triumph ownership is a more personal experience than a comparable sanitized Honda ownership experience.

We could go into the whole "character" thing, but just look at the two bikes, Sp4 and CBR600F4i, and you KNOW which one has more soul. ;)

·
Tonight we dine in HELL!!
2,541 Posts
Sean, Jon rides with us..we're working on him....:nanana :redflip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.