Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
0 - ¼ mile 8 @ 140 mph
Uh I think an 8 sec 1/4 would yield a little higher mph unless of course you blew the engine at the 1/8... 8 sec 1/4 should be 160+ And yes the Hoss cannot keep traction. There is one in my town with th 502 and everyone gathers round it. I usually comment at how overbuilt it is and that I could probably take it in a race and the guy never puts his $ where his mouth is. In fact I like roll on races at high speeds Thats what the Busa is all about. :D

·
currently enjoying Mansun
3,148 Posts
Is that supposed to be 8 seconds flat for the modded BH? I could probably believe low 9s considering the extremely fast 0-60 time. But it's true, the modded BH takes 3.2 seconds to go 60-100 and the Busa takes 2.6 seconds for the same acceleration interval.

When the stock BH took on the 12R last year, the guy had to get someone to sit on the back to aid traction. I can't remember if I ever downloaded the videos of that session...

The only BH I've seen was at the Cycle Show last year. The thing was the African Elephant of motorcycles. 850 pound Vulcan Nomads are heavy and ponderous enough for me! :(

·
currently enjoying Mansun
3,148 Posts
Scot said:
lol..actually no one here has a Boss Hoss :confused
You sure? This site has Cruiser people in the Cruiser section, so they might have a Cruiser like the Boss Hoss Cruiser.

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
Allow me to amend my statement to relect what I meant :p

Nick posted he would race in this thread.

No one in this thread appears to have a boss hoss.

We now continue with your regularly scheduled program.

:D

·
Registered
693 Posts
Scot said:
Allow me to amend my statement to relect what I meant :p

Nick posted he would race in this thread.

No one in this thread appears to have a boss hoss.

We now continue with your regularly scheduled program.

:D
Two years ago I saw a guy at the Americade rally with a 502 BH, that had a Super charger AND nitrous on it. I remember thinking to myself, "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GUY THINKING". But after hearing about how the ZX-12R put the smack down on the mighty BH, I now understand his reasoning.

Nothing like buying what you thought was the fastest bike, and then having to put $4k more into it to have it be true. :)

G

·
I like the battle between nitro harleys and jap drag bikes ;)

IF the harleys COULD find a way to launch and get the power to the ground they would be faster. I believe the jap drag bikes are in the high 5s now? The nitro harley makes more power but their drivetrain sucks. My friend races them and i think hes insane. I mean jesus oh holy christ! LOOK AT THOSE TRAP SPEEDS

·
Registered
62 Posts
But the difference is (and I am just guessing here) that the Jap Drag bikes require far less modifications to be that fast whereas the Harleys require massive amounts of work to just be on par with a stock ZX12 or Hayabusa. Really the more $ you have the faster you will be no matter what you ride.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
TRC51 said:
Two years ago I saw a guy at the Americade rally with a 502 BH, that had a Super charger AND nitrous on it. I remember thinking to myself, "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GUY THINKING". But after hearing about how the ZX-12R put the smack down on the mighty BH, I now understand his reasoning.

Nothing like buying what you thought was the fastest bike, and then having to put $4k more into it to have it be true. :)
You forgot the most ironic part... Later in the day TRC and I are standing on the side of road, and what do you know... The big, bad BH is broken on the side of the road and the guy is trying to push it out of traffic.

I haven't seen to many 12R owners having that problem. :D

G

·
the drags bikes are very similar. You basically start out with a frame a a stretched swingarm. The Harley motors are just plain bigger cubes and have low rpm torque, which means on a equal bike, they would be faster. I wanna see my friend rebuild his and see him go down the track again, its just amazing. The funny thing is, he won't ride a harley... only ducati

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to skim through most of the biased, no proof bullsh*t that everyones writing on here. Motorcyclecruiser.com did an unbiased road test of one of these amazing pieces of american muscle and heres what they said:
"the torque reaction of the V-8 makes a BMW's or Moto Guzzi's feel insignificant"

"quarter-mile times are only about 10.4 seconds. (The Kawasaki ZX-9R, the quickest sportbike tested by our sister magazine, Sport Rider, ran 9.99.) But the Hoss is going 140 mph and still in full song at the end of that sprint."

KEEP IN MIND THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN IN 1998 AND THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT A 355 HORSE POWER VERSION SINCE THEN BOSS HOSS HAS COME OUT WITH A 502hp Version.

For Handling they said " we anticipated all sorts of adventures in corners. We were therefore extremely and pleasantly surprised to discover that the Boss Hoss actually tracked pretty precisely and smoothly around as many corners as we could find in south Florida. It steered with no more force than needed for other "big" bikes. "

-for those of you that said this bike can't turn since when did a Hybussa become a handling bike? last time i checked they were good for one thing, running 1/4's at the track.

and they aren't $150,000 you can get a v8 version for $27,000

***So..please do some research next time if you want to make claims that are worth less then what I wipe my a*s with.

I don't think this amazingly engineered bike will beat a Hybussa but it will definatly look good losing and at least you won't ruin you chances of having kids while riding it.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I was sitting in the parking lot at the store on Deal's Gap and there's this BH doing burnouts in the parking lot. Whatever. So he takes off and it sounds like a Mig is passing 50 ft. overhead. I saunter down, my dad and I suit up, climb on our motards, and proceed to give chase. After stopping twice, 2x mind you, because we were behind a bunch of cars and couldn't pass we finally make it up to the overlook. The dude on the BH was just climbing off. The thing may have 502 cu. in. of raw American whatever, but it has to turn like a bulldozer because a some Toyota SUV caught him.

And man, I don't mean to be rude, but for $27,000 I can take just about any modern sportbike and make it into an absolute monster. Handling, 1/4 times, whatever. I'm not a cruiser man by any means but sometimes you have to wonder if they're compensating for something. Like I said earlier, don't mean to be rude.

·
Moderator/Coder,
8,835 Posts
I actually ran into a dude with a BUILT Boss-Hoss at a gas station in NH once. It was quite the site. He had nitrous on it, and said that he blew the previous two engines on it by using the NOS too much - he said after about 7 times of using NOS the engine is toast.

The actual bike looked like a piece of art, too - looked like it belonged in a show and not on the street - all custom painted and about 1000 aftermarket parts & trinkets, even the kickstand was an alligator shape. The dude who was riding it was this huge (300lb+) guy covered in tattoos and was wearing those fucked up oakley over-head glasses.

He also said that he races jap bikes on it semi-regularly for money, and usually wins - only uses the nitrous if he's in trouble. I'll buy it, but then again, the engine he had in there wasn't the stock boss-hoss V8.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts