Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
jstoner0007 said:
I had to skim through most of the biased, no proof bullsh*t that everyones writing on here. Motorcyclecruiser.com did an unbiased road test of one of these amazing pieces of american muscle and heres what they said:
"the torque reaction of the V-8 makes a BMW's or Moto Guzzi's feel insignificant"

"quarter-mile times are only about 10.4 seconds. (The Kawasaki ZX-9R, the quickest sportbike tested by our sister magazine, Sport Rider, ran 9.99.) But the Hoss is going 140 mph and still in full song at the end of that sprint."

KEEP IN MIND THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN IN 1998 AND THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT A 355 HORSE POWER VERSION SINCE THEN BOSS HOSS HAS COME OUT WITH A 502hp Version.

For Handling they said " we anticipated all sorts of adventures in corners. We were therefore extremely and pleasantly surprised to discover that the Boss Hoss actually tracked pretty precisely and smoothly around as many corners as we could find in south Florida. It steered with no more force than needed for other "big" bikes. "

-for those of you that said this bike can't turn since when did a Hybussa become a handling bike? last time i checked they were good for one thing, running 1/4's at the track.

and they aren't $150,000 you can get a v8 version for $27,000

***So..please do some research next time if you want to make claims that are worth less then what I wipe my a*s with.

I don't think this amazingly engineered bike will beat a Hybussa but it will definatly look good losing and at least you won't ruin you chances of having kids while riding it.
Mentioning the "no proof bullshit", how do you feel about Boss Hoss's posted performance stats?

Do you think more HP and torq applied to the bike's single 225mm width rear tire will increase it's 1/4mile time?

Boss hoss motorcycles are rolling novelties. I like them. I think they are really cool. They obviously have performance but are by no means a benchmark in any category. To suggest otherwise would be quite funny to a rather large group of seasoned motorcyclists who have ridden just about everything out there.
I don't need to ride a BossHoss to tell you that their own published stats are horse pucky. When a company blatantly lies like that to a potential customer, what message does that send to you?

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
jstoner0007 said:
I had to skim through most of the biased, no proof bullsh*t that everyones writing on here. Motorcyclecruiser.com did an unbiased road test of one of these amazing pieces of american muscle and heres what they said:
"the torque reaction of the V-8 makes a BMW's or Moto Guzzi's feel insignificant"

"quarter-mile times are only about 10.4 seconds. (The Kawasaki ZX-9R, the quickest sportbike tested by our sister magazine, Sport Rider, ran 9.99.) But the Hoss is going 140 mph and still in full song at the end of that sprint."

KEEP IN MIND THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN IN 1998 AND THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT A 355 HORSE POWER VERSION SINCE THEN BOSS HOSS HAS COME OUT WITH A 502hp Version.

For Handling they said " we anticipated all sorts of adventures in corners. We were therefore extremely and pleasantly surprised to discover that the Boss Hoss actually tracked pretty precisely and smoothly around as many corners as we could find in south Florida. It steered with no more force than needed for other "big" bikes. "

-for those of you that said this bike can't turn since when did a Hybussa become a handling bike? last time i checked they were good for one thing, running 1/4's at the track.

and they aren't $150,000 you can get a v8 version for $27,000

***So..please do some research next time if you want to make claims that are worth less then what I wipe my a*s with.

I don't think this amazingly engineered bike will beat a Hybussa but it will definatly look good losing and at least you won't ruin you chances of having kids while riding it.
I'm confused, they already ran a ZX-12R against both the 350cc and 502cc version of the boss, and the boss lost.

I also don't know if I'd consider it an amazingly engineered bike.

·
It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden sto
1,920 Posts
NICKSLICK said:
Anybody wanna bet pink slips...

You can pick the conditions... any thing you want...

Tell me when and where...

Cool videos, good sound track. Busas seem to handle a hell of a lot better than everyone makes it sound.

Did the cops in the crazy train video bust your ass?

·
Super Moderator
23,511 Posts
jstoner0007 said:

Considering there was a Hyabusa racing in Formula Extreme before they went to 600 FX bikes...Wild guess they will turn on a track.

Then again why are we delving into posts that are 3 yrs old?:confused

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, I was bored in traffic and was thinking about this today...just a little mental exercise:

What is faster, a turbo Busa or a Boss Hoss?
I saw a video of this Turbo Busa, I think there was a post about it here...the speedo moves faster than my tach! Now, at the monthly Ephrata, PA gathering, I also saw a Boss Hoss with NOS, if you believe that! That thing must have been god-awful fast too.

So which bike is faster? I guess 1/4 mile and top speed would be good measures. I would hate to think that the "fastest bike" award would go to gulp cruiser!!:eek
Also, I would intuitively think that aerodynamics would be a major factor at the higher speeds.

Waddya say?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts