Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,578 Posts
Yep, the signals have to be further apart than placing them integral to the fairings allows. Thats why they are all on stocks to extend them out. All it takes is a trip to a bike shop to get some flushmounts/short stalks to make the bike look a lot better though.

· Registered
2,578 Posts
and the kanatuna, but you also notice that the fairings are a bit on the wide side compared to some of the slimmer bikes out there.

· Doin' the things a particle can...
43,422 Posts
Synthetic said:
firerings? what's a firering? does my bike have a firering and will it melt anything :nanana
:laughing

They're farther apart here for the dumbasses who don't see them. It doesn't help :shrug.

· Registered
76 Posts
PrtclMn001 said:
They're farther apart here for the dumbasses who don't see them. It doesn't help :shrug. [/B]
yep... this is true but I still prefer to be seen though... I put on new fairings and undertail on my SV and noticed most prefer to add those flush mount signals that are only visible from a very narrow angle of view and most not very bright so I opted to go witha bubble type sginals on front and then I got some nice short stalks for the rear that were about as bright as OEM or better.... I figured it was a good trade off as they nice looking and still very visible from many angles. :clap

· Super Moderator
24,048 Posts
As said before, they have to be a certain distance apart. Older bikes (ZX-11, ZX-10, Katana, CBF600F2 for example) were wider. Also some states here dont require signals at all. Some do. You have to check the local laws though.

· Doin' the things a particle can...
43,422 Posts
Synthetic said:
yep... this is true but I still prefer to be seen though... I put on new fairings and undertail on my SV and noticed most prefer to add those flush mount signals that are only visible from a very narrow angle of view and most not very bright so I opted to go witha bubble type sginals on front and then I got some nice short stalks for the rear that were about as bright as OEM or better.... I figured it was a good trade off as they nice looking and still very visible from many angles. :clap
yeah, I'll be doing similar mods on my SV and I plan on keeping the signals on stalks. :thumb

· Registered
1,120 Posts
YZFRob said:
As said before, they have to be a certain distance apart. Older bikes (ZX-11, ZX-10, Katana, CBF600F2 for example) were wider. Also some states here dont require signals at all. Some do. You have to check the local laws though.
Yeah, no kidding. Virginia doesn't require them, but if you have them then they must be at least 9" apart and measure up at least 20" from the pavement.

· Registered
316 Posts
One problem is if some twit driving a cage taps you at a stop sign it can send you on your ear so darn quickly. Reason I leave my signal lights stock & tend to flat the taillamp when at a stop sign.

Have a '91 Mazda 4X4 truck in white yet tail gate is with diagonal 2.75" florescent strips from left to right ---- it does help.

· Registered
301 Posts
I got some short stalks from cycle gear awhile back, and they're actually as bright(if not just slightly brighter) than stock. They were called dinkywinkaz or something(british company i think). They cleaned up the bike a whole lot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.