Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ton of food and a keg of beer outside and 15 people coming over for the superbowl toworrow and my F$CKING BRAND NEW LCD TV WONT WORK!!!:mad :mad :mad :mad

It was making crackling noises a few minutes ago and shut off, and the power light blinked red. I think it was static electricity. After I cycled the power the green power light comes on but the tv wont come on. I can here a click like a switch every couple minutes but the screen is still black!!!! IM FUCKKKKKED!

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
dude, that sux!!! Take it back to Costco or where ever you bought it first thing in the morning and demand a NEW 1!!!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Minister of Global Beatdown
362 Posts
Sounds like its dead to me too. Leave it unplugged for like a half hour and then try it again. If it still won't fire up then hurry in tomorrow for exchange.

·
Registered
107 Posts
what type of lcd is it? if it's a rear projection tv the bulb might have burned out prematurly.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont know what the deal is with it. Its a Philips 37" LCD. I just called their tech support and he didnt help at all. All he did was give me the number to a local philips repair center. As soon as Curcuit city opens Im gonna call them and see if we can exchange it, but I doubt they have this model in stock. I cant believe it crapped out on me the night before the bowl.:mad

·
Registered
107 Posts
Centicide said:
:confused funny, i didnt know LCD's had bulbs.
Just for the larger ones. Once you get to a certain size it's cheaper to use projection. Same idea as a projector...just much better quality.

so you turn it on but just a light comes on, no picture right? how thick is the tv? Like mentioned earlier, if it's a rear projection lcd screen then the bulb most likly burned out prematurly....but if it's a flat panel then thats a different story. Tech support is almost always a waste of time....it just seems like they're all a bunch of idiots. Hope you get it replaced in time man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts