Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any advantage to a 2 into 1 exhaust vs. a two pipe system? I have heard v-twins like a little more backpressure then inline 4's.:confused

·
Registered
191 Posts
exhaust

I have heard that you will gain midrange performance but maybe lose out on the top-end a little. That is just what I have read on these boards. It must do something if Nicky Hayden and the Honda boys switch their RC51's from dual to single exhaust. As for hard proof, such as a dyno sheet or something, I haven't seen any of those yet.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: exhaust

mthndz said:
I have heard that you will gain midrange performance but maybe lose out on the top-end a little. That is just what I have read on these boards. It must do something if Nicky Hayden and the Honda boys switch their RC51's from dual to single exhaust. As for hard proof, such as a dyno sheet or something, I haven't seen any of those yet.
Thank's Mthndz.:toothy

·
Registered
191 Posts
exhaust

hey Monstrvtwin If you go here http://www.rc51.org/exhaust.htm and scroll all the way down there is a write-up on 2 into 1 exhausts for the RC51. It isn't the same bike but, the principles are probably the same. He has some dyno sheets as well. I hope this helps with your question.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: exhaust

mthndz said:
hey Monstrvtwin If you go here http://www.rc51.org/exhaust.htm and scroll all the way down there is a write-up on 2 into 1 exhausts for the RC51. It isn't the same bike but, the principles are probably the same. He has some dyno sheets as well. I hope this helps with your question.
That link did explain quite a bit. What are you looking at a RC51 site for? :shake

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: Re: exhaust

Monstrvtwin said:
That link did explain quite a bit. What are you looking at a RC51 site for? :shake
ha ha ha, I stumbled upon it while I was exhaust shopping and they actually have a lot of useful info on that site. Even if it is from Honda people :p :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts