Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
14,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Oregon, about 6 inches of snow fell in Portland, Eugene and Salem. At the height of the storm, drivers were required to use chains the state's segment of Interstate 5. About 3,000 Pacific Power customers lost electrical service.

:rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant

I THOUGHT YOU TOLD ME IT DON'T SNOW IN OREGON!

Cackle :2violin JayMan
 

·
The Bible Thumper
Joined
·
1,797 Posts
I've never seen this much snow in Portland! Ever! It's been quite hectic, as we are not used to snow in the Portland area.:laughing This is the worst snow storm in 12 years I heard...

In Him,
Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
Cacklewack said:
I've never seen this much snow in Portland! Ever! It's been quite hectic, as we are not used to snow in the Portland area.:laughing This is the worst snow storm in 12 years I heard...

In Him,
Matt
This is the beginning of the End.. Jayman will be able to witness first hand the down fall of Portland.. I hear they are talking what they can do to open a ski area there and snowmobiles are now bringing a premium price..

Jayman have you bought your ice chains yet?:p
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
14,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, they don't seem to have any ice chains available in Florida for some apparent reason. :rolleyes I may need someone to send me a spare set. :rant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
JayMan said:
No, they don't seem to have any ice chains available in Florida for some apparent reason. :rolleyes I may need someone to send me a spare set. :rant

I have a set of chains here they fit 210x15....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
966 Posts
Schwagoo said:
DUde.. Oregon is cold! Ya might as well move to Canada.

"Welcome to Olive Garden eh, Would you like to start with some wine eh?" :lmao
:crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :clap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,154 Posts
JayMan said:
In Oregon, about 6 inches of snow fell in Portland, Eugene and Salem.
Ah, that's just a light dusting....:laughing :laughing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
JayMan said:
In Oregon, about 6 inches of snow fell in Portland, Eugene and Salem. At the height of the storm, drivers were required to use chains the state's segment of Interstate 5.


6 inches....that's it?:crackup :crackup Dude that is too funny about the Chains.......:clap :laughing just a little overkill.....In my many years of living in Maine, I can't recall ever needing chains to drive down the road......Don't have too much fun in that massive snow fall...:laughing :crackup :j/k:D
 

·
Friend of sinners
Joined
·
3,714 Posts
6" is nothing... if they plow. I ride year 'round (cf. Frozen Chosen thread) but my biggest hassle is that they almost never plow my island. :rant Even a few inches can cause problem if they don't plow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,574 Posts
Re: Re: Uhm, I'm scared...uhm Cackle?

Red Dawg said:
6 inches....that's it?:crackup :crackup Dude that is too funny about the Chains.......:clap :laughing just a little overkill.....In my many years of living in Maine, I can't recall ever needing chains to drive down the road......Don't have too much fun in that massive snow fall...:laughing :crackup :j/k:D
:crackup :crackup :crackup just 6 inches? :crackup :crackup :crackup

here in the northeast, 6 inches isn't even considered a dusting.

:crackup :crackup :crackup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Uhm, I'm scared...uhm Cackle?

monkey1 said:
:crackup :crackup :crackup just 6 inches? :crackup :crackup :crackup

here in the northeast, 6 inches isn't even considered a dusting.

:crackup :crackup :crackup
:D +1 ......Hear ya there Monkey!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Wait a minute!!! Here in Houston if it ever snows .005 in. they close the roadways>>>>
Of course we tell people from the North for their safety to stay indoors during this period, which happens maybe once every 8-10 years, we are aware they can drive in that stuff, but we can't:crackup :crackup
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top