Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get an undertail and a hugger for my 99 TLR. I'm looking for any of your input on these brands; Hotbodies, Extreme Graphics, Pyramid, Eurobikes, & Mototeck . If you have experience with any of these brands please let me know about them. How was the build quality, the difficulty of the install, and would you buy another. Also, which is better, plastic or fiberglass??

Hotbodies

Extreme Graphics

Pyramid

Eurobikes

Mototeck

·
Moderator,
9,884 Posts
I have had any experence with untertails for the TLR, but I had a FSMD undertail on my '00 ZX6R. The shape and fit are pretty good. It came unpainted so I don't know how their paint is. My friend has a Eurobikes Undertail on his R6 and the paint is kind of thin, it chips real easily, and the fit was ok. I don't think any undertail you buy is going to fit perfect, so don't plan on it being perfect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Eurobikes fender eliminator on my 98' TLR and as far as I'm concerned the fit and finish are awsome, the only thing I wish ed it came with was a set of built in blinkers, I think that's a cool touch. I haven't seen any of the other brand eliminators on a TL yet so I can't comment on them, although the mototek looks cool.

Lee

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Um, Mototek... I'm guessing that's not the Mototek that's just down the road from me?

http://www.mototek.com ?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
CasterTroy said:
CasterSkins
:laughing I like dat!

<--- Ordering my carbon/kevlar skins today if I get a chance at lunch hour. :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CasterTroy said:
CasterSkins
naaaa, I don't like the way carbon fiber tails look on the faster yellow TLR's. Although the blue/white color scheme is easier to match with flannel.

:D :D j/k castor, sweet bike as always.

Seriously though, there have got to be more people out there with undertails. It doesn't have to be for tiller only, I just asking about the products in general. And nobody has an opinion on plastic vs. fibergalss??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts