Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, welding school is going swimmingly. I have been told that I'm a really good student, I don't believe that, because I'm clearly not as good a welder as my teachers, but they keep saying it.

but anywho, my time at school is growing short, and pretty soon its gonna be time for me to get a job. and I'm having a lot of trouble deciding what I wanna do with myself...

mig, tig, stick? Fab work, construction, maintenance? I dunno. But for some reason, when I think about teaching, it really makes me happy.

How the hell do you go about starting a career in welding instruction?

I realize a decade of real-world experience it prolly needed, but then what?

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
Shit... not many of us know what we want to be when we grow up...

But, I'll tell you one thing. Metal on fire is cool...

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
azoomm said:
But, I'll tell you one thing. Metal on fire is cool...

why yes, yes it is :evilgrin

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: update on my current goings on

Schwagoo said:
ask your teachers :D

they'll tell me to get a job welding :laughing

·
Moderator,
14,193 Posts
Did you want to start teaching welding in like a special school or college? Do they have like welding degrees?

It all sounds very interesting to say the least....

·
Registered
16,959 Posts
My guess is you have to have experience first. The application process will not be so much on your certs, but how much real-life experience you have. One thing the kids will need to know is what it is like to work in the field and how to get a job and build a career. You don't know that part yet. :p

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
have you looked into underwater welding? I hear that career make butt loads of $$$$$. I also think it's cool as fuck, fire and water aren't suppose to exist simultaneously:confused .

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,767 Posts
RingDingRider said:
have you looked into underwater welding?
I have a buddy who does this and makes a ton of cash and he loves his job. It's dangerous, but he thrives on the danger.

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
RingDingRider said:
have you looked into underwater welding? I hear that career make butt loads of $$$$$. I also think it's cool as fuck, fire and water aren't suppose to exist simultaneously:confused .
that would be an awesome job, IMO

I looked into it but its very expensive (time & $$$) , you need many years of basic welding experience, many years of scuba diving experience, THEN you get specific training that lasts 1-2 years....not a decision to be taken lightly. But how COOOOL would that be?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I'm with azoom...metal on fire is cool...

lol, I'm not much help :shrug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.