Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Winter Sucks!
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, We are looking at a 5 race series and the National Final for this season. The National Final will be run on the East Coast this Season and the location will be in the Southeast Region.What we are looking for is sponsor for each event.Or you can sponsor multiple events. The cost is TBD. and can be discussed.

The tracks can vary by sponsor selection or you can use one of the ones I have listed below:

BeaveRun (The Can-Am Challenge) (Pennsylvania)
Jacksonville (Florida)
Stockton(No Cal)
Circleville(Ohio)
Cherry Valley(New York)
Bondurant (Phoenix)
X-Plex in Las Vegas
PKRA (Phoenix)
Adams (SoCal)
Palmetto (Florida)

These are the tracks that have been listed as places where a majority of our riders want to race. SO if you would like to sponsor and event at one these tracks please contact me at 1-330-335-4430 after 6:00 PM EST. I Will be calling some of the prospective sponsors this week to see what we can work out but if you want to call me please do not hesitate.I would prefer to have two races out west and two races in the East.

Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Grange is a very cool track, but it's out in the middle of nowhere!

·
SCminiGP
202 Posts
Well I can't argue with that:shake it does make the boonies seem close:crackup

·
Registered
156 Posts
in my opinion, its the best track to make a long distance drive for, that i have been to anyway. dont get my wrong, the track that i have personally been on are super dope, but grange is my favorite. plus, i like the boonies.

·
Rooster Racer!
782 Posts
my favorite track is Adams Kart Track and Cal Speed and Grange is pretty dope to it got one long @$$ straight away

·
SCminiGP
202 Posts
Adams is a fun track,but I just don't like the idea of having to race with karts. (It should be a dedicated minimoto event ).;)

Cal Speedway is a VERY fast track,and now with the additions they have made to the track for this year should be fun...:clap

But I still like Grange'--technical & fast (but Zack's right---one long AZZ straightaway)(at least it's downhill):nanana

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I havent been to any of the tracks you guys are mentioning....but was out in AZ for nationals as well as tracks here in the Mid atlantic.......Beaver Run to date is my favorite......huge-beautiful course and high speed laps!!!:clap :clap

·
SoCal Racer #13
263 Posts
Grange is ok but the straight is too long, and as mentioned it's in the middle of nowhere. All in all though it's a pretty decent track.

CalSpeed's surface sucks (very very slippery, it takes half a day of riding to get some rubber down for traction). It's a parking lot turned into a track. Might as well race in a parking lot. The only thing going for it is that it's located at CalSpeedway.

Stockton has some bumpy spots (this might've changed by now, I haven't raced there in over a year). But the fact that the track can be configured in so many different ways makes it very appealing. Very technical track too.

Haven't ridded PKRA but I've heard good things about it.

Bondurant and Adams are top notch in my book.

·
SCminiGP
202 Posts
From what I hear Cal Speedway is supposed to re-surface the track(getting rid of the tarmac surface) which I hope is true,cause it is a slippery track.

·
Registered
586 Posts
D&D
Common now, we all know Cal Speed track surface is suck ass, and Grange is cool but it out in the boonie with a straight that almost double the straight at Adams track.

Boundurant and Adams so far is the best track that I been on .... IMO.

D&Dminimoto said:
From what I hear Cal Speedway is supposed to re-surface the track(getting rid of the tarmac surface) which I hope is true,cause it is a slippery track.

·
SCminiGP
202 Posts
HP#2 said:
D&D
Common now, we all know Cal Speed track surface is suck ass, and Grange is cool but it out in the boonie with a straight that almost double the straight at Adams track.

Boundurant and Adams so far is the best track that I been on .... IMO.
And I'm entitled to IMO...

Adams is a great track that was around when my uncle used to race carts--so well established....

Grange' and Cal Speed haven't been around as long--so in their early stages
Give em' time.....they'll only get better(as long as they keep taking suggestions on how to improve the facilities.....

And I haven't had the pleasure of racing Bondurant--hopefully this season sometime

·
Knows the real story...I'll tell you sometime.
1,360 Posts
I'd love to see a minimoto event take place at Beaver Run 4th of July weekend. The USGPRU is co-hosting an all 2 stroke event on the big track that weekend and it sounds like riders from all over will be there...there will be Metrakits, 125's, 250 GP bikes and everything else 2 stroke (TZ 750's RZ 350's, etc).....a chance to see some pretty trick stuff...it would just make sense to have a big minimoto turn out that weekend as weel.....maybe some new Synergies can be established.....hint, hint.

·
Registered
156 Posts
come on now, not every body knows that the surface sucks. i dont know that.

cal speed is a super dope track. i love that surface and it never bothered me any. i remeber one race me and rocky lapped the whole field in the sp class or open (i cant remember which), we were smashing on that track. with the same surface everybody else was on.

to me that surface doesnt suck at all.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Do they still line the Cal Speed track with tires?

·
out of comission
1,069 Posts
Yes, they line the Calspeedway track with tires and BIGASS Blocks!!!(Look at my AVATAR)

And the surface SUCKS ASS

But, I did hear there will be changes, but who knows?:shrug

OH YEA, Place SMELLS like SHIT!!!!:shit Maybe kus its downwind from the DUMP!!! :shit

But if anyone schedules a race there......count me in....kus Im a pocketbike Feen:redflip

I think ADAMS would be the best venue for nationals IMO!!! Its close to motels and hotels and restaurants. It can accomodate lots of people at the track and is an extremely fabulous facility!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Weenee

You crack me up hommie :crackup :crackup

WEENEE said:
Yes, they line the Calspeedway track with tires and BIGASS Blocks!!!(Look at my AVATAR)

And the surface SUCKS ASS

But, I did hear there will be changes, but who knows?:shrug

OH YEA, Place SMELLS like SHIT!!!!:shit Maybe kus its downwind from the DUMP!!! :shit

But if anyone schedules a race there......count me in....kus Im a pocketbike Feen:redflip

I think ADAMS would be the best venue for nationals IMO!!! Its close to motels and hotels and restaurants. It can accomodate lots of people at the track and is an extremely fabulous facility!!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Wee, the photo in your avatar doesn't look so bad, but I remember seeing a number of photos of that big race last year where the tires were almost on the track! Since I've broken my elbow racing under similar conditions, you can understand my hesitance to want to do that again!

Here's the thing:
Adams is VERY expensive
Bondurant is almost as expensive
the X Plex in Vegas is outrageous
Chuck had to pay money out of his own pocket on at least 3 events in the last 18 months.

If you all want these races to happen, (and I hope so because they're always a blast!), then you need to rally the troops to support them. By troops I mean every pocketbiker you know along with every dealer and importer for support. Put past differences aside and work towards a common goal: Big-ass pocketbike races with everyone having FUN!

Personally, I'd like to see one race up north and one in the south. That way the Stockton peeps don't have to drive for every event!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts