Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Winter Sucks!
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, that is right! Our first regional event is set and I look forward to an even better season next year! The race is to be held at the Bondurant Track in Phoenix,Arizona! The dates are now to be determined. The original weekend was Easter weekend so to make it easier on everyone we are rescheduling the event.

We will be posting more info on times and fees as we get closer! For more info please email myself or Erica O'Dello . Check out the facility at www.bondurant.com or go to www.azpra.com
I am happy to announce this event and I am sure that we will see a strong contingent of West Coast Riders. Please keep an eye on the class structures and rules for the modifications that are soon to come.
Chuck Shorie
USMGP President
www.usmgp.com

**Thank You Elo for all of your hard work** !

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
We are really looking forward to this, I hope all the snowbound East Coasters can come race with us as well as our West Coast buds! :clap

·
Knows the real story...I'll tell you sometime.
1,360 Posts
Glad to see that you're getting the ball rolling......I would like to think that I could make it......considering I made all of the USMGP races last year. Would hate to break that streak.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mr. Director/President USMGP

Just a stupid question. The race in AZ would be a race for the South West region, correct. What about the rest of the country? Are there any other events planned in the similar time period?

Karl

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Genius that I am, we had to reschedule this race for a week earlier due to Easter. The new and official dates are March 19-20.

Karl, the goal for the USMGP races this season is to host at least one in each region. We had to schedule this one early because it's at the beginning of the year. We'd love for everyone to attend all the USMGP races, please don't view this one as SW only. More dates for the other regions are in the works, TBA shortly. :banana

·
1,360 Posts
In talking with Chuck, it's the USMGP's goal this year to host an event in all of the major regions. Each of the regions are made up of local clubs.

North West.
South West
North Central
South Central
North East
South East

In an effort to reduce the amount of travel for everyone who wants to be considered for the national series, all that one would have to do is to concentrate on riding or building their local series and accumulate points that way....just need to make sure you're updating with the USMGP. It's good for the local clubs and great on our pocketbooks. Now riders will only need to worry about getting to one regional qualifier and the national final if that's their goal. It's up to an individual rider if they want to go to more than one qualifier in a different region, but not necessary. I know there's a handful of riders/teams out there that like traveling throughout the season to other clubs for racing, but this isn't the case for the majority. We can all agree that the local series all over the country are in need of more attention. Now the clubs can run their schedule and have one or two races a month and not worry about loosing ridership because riders/teams are away at another race.

The regional races will have to apply the USMGP class structure so it's fair to everyone. Maybe this is an after thought now, but with the first regional already planned to be in Arizona, will all of the South West Regional clubs be involved in running this event? I'm concerned about how the regional classes will be set up. All of the clubs have different variations of the classes and the USMGP's current class structure covers that with many different classes.......but it will be up to the various clubs in a certain region who will be responsible to run with the set USMGP classes, which haven't changed from last year.

So there's two questions? Have all of the SW clubs been in contact with one another about this event and are we willing to go through this year with the current USMGP classes? I know Chuck asked for a comittee to be formed.....this really needs to happen, because two or three people put the classes together last year and there were holes....this comittee should include at lease one rep. from each club (not region) before we agree to change anything. No one person can do this for us.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
All of the clubs within reasonable driving distance know our class structure, we've been in contact with each other for months. No need to worry your head about that. A few years ago we got this neat thing called the internet and we can use this kewl new thing called e-mail to give each other updates. I also have a small yellow box that I hear other people's voices in. It rings sometimes. :crackup

Whether we race under AZPRA classes or USMGP classes we don't really care, we just want to race and have some fun with people we probably won't see otherwise.

·
1,360 Posts
elo said:
All of the clubs within reasonable driving distance know our class structure, we've been in contact with each other for months. No need to worry your head about that. A few years ago we got this neat thing called the internet and we can use this kewl new thing called e-mail to give each other updates. I also have a small yellow box that I hear other people's voices in. It rings sometimes. :crackup

Whether we race under AZPRA classes or USMGP classes we don't really care, we just want to race and have some fun with people we probably won't see otherwise.
I didn't say that the SW wasn't working together......it was just my suggestion for everyone in all regions and clubs to work together on having one regional in a resonable area so it's fair for everyone.

If you feel that I was out of line or insuating that you didn't have things under control, then I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to come off that way, so if that's the way you read it, I'm sorry. I wasn't quite sure who the spokesperson was for the whole SW, so thanks for speaking for everyone. Of course you know what's going on, my comments were for all regions to get involved.....we're not children here and I wasn't trying to come off as anyones mother. I didn't single anyone out, nor was it inteded for you to take direct offense, but given your response, I think I may have touched a nerve. You and I have worked together in the past without issue and I've never spoken down to you.....I'm not going to start now, so I wouldn't expect it from you either Erica.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
PocketRocketz1 said:
my comments were for all regions to get involved...
I tend to get a little reactive given that most of my race organizing career has been spent being questioned, criticized and attacked. Your previous wording and the order in which you made your comments implied to me that you were singling us out. I apologize profoundly. :) :banana

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Who

I was wondering who the Reps for the regions are.

North West.
South West----------Elo
North Central
South Central
North East
South East

·
Winter Sucks!
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Who

sprung said:

North West. TBD
South West- Elo
North Central TBD
South Central - Texas Rep is already been discussed
North East Bill Wilkey & Matt Spendley
South East -Some Butthead From Georgia who will eb named soon

This could change if a couple people do not accept the invitation but it will be posted ASAP.

Chuck

Marc are you interested

·
1,360 Posts
elo said:
I tend to get a little reactive given that most of my race organizing career has been spent being questioned, criticized and attacked. Your previous wording and the order in which you made your comments implied to me that you were singling us out. I apologize profoundly. :) :banana
I get that way too Elo, as I'm sure we all do. I just let it bother me more than most. I should have called you to straigten this out, but I wanted everyone to know that I meant no harm to you and your group and that we (you and I) weren't working against the grain.

Chuck.....Have people from the "TBD" regions contacted you yet to help out? I'm glad to see your original plan from last year is starting to take shape.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Re: Who

sprung said:

Chuck
What's happening in Texas? Are you still looking for a Texas rep?

-kb

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Udate for the USMGP Reps...

North West. Mario Alvarez
South West- Elo
North Central TBD
North East Bill Wilkey & Matt Spendley
South East -Some Butthead From Georgia who will eb named soon

Cheers,

Mario

·
Winter Sucks!
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: Re: Who

What's happening in Texas? Are you still looking for a Texas rep?

Well, I am still accepting resumes for the South Central Region.The North Central Region, & The Southeast Region. Our std. USMGP class structures are ready to be posted and should be up by the end of this week.
Our class structure is a simple guidline for club and contains classes for all bikes on the market as of this day.The reason for us trying to get all clubs on a uniform structure that they can adapt to their region ro area is simple. We are trying to help the clubs gain more rider supprot from their own regions as well as riders from other clubs that lie kto travel can go to another club and not have to worry about having to change something on their bikes to race in a similiar class in another club. This is just common sense for clubs to all wnat to be under a similiar class structure to hel peveryone new who should come into the sport as well as us old farts who have been around for awhile.

If you are starting up a new club please download these class structures and use them for your own clubs. One thing that needs to be said, is that you do not have to run all of the classes we have setup standards for. Run the ones that fir into your regions! There are structures for pocketbikes,Motards,X-1 classes and we will be soon adding the Metrakit & YSR specs to our series too.

Something new that is coming in this season is the USMGP Motard series! This will run a scheduel that is in the works and the Person running the USMGP Motard series will be Scott Zimmerman from Michigan. If yo uhaev any questions just email the webmaster at www.usmgp.com and we will get the message to Scott ASAP.

If you are interested in becoming a USMGP Regional Rep in the Regions that are listed above please email me your resume and racing background at [email protected].

Talk wit hall of you soon!
Chuck Shorie
USMGP President

1 - 16 of 16 Posts