Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the british motorcycle magazine Performance Bike today, and in there they were hanging out with custom bike builder and Performance Machine desiner Roland Sands. And in this artical the mention that he was given a V5 to use in the fabrication of a custom bike. That would interesting to see. I bet its an 03 spec engine, but still that is freakin crazy. Maybe we would get a RC211V race rep, and a naked bike.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
It only makes sense that Honda would release this technology to the public. Think of all the bikes they would sell. 990cc V5 Motogp racing will be over after this year so there will be no governing racing rules to limit Honda. I doubt Honda will shelf the technology, make some money off of it Right?

The only thing I see being a problem is the Electronics that are involved with the RC211V are (my guess) really expensive. If an afforable version (electronics) can be made to use with a street version RC211v we will see this bike on the street.

We may even see a race only version like Ducati and Buell is producing for a very high price.:rolleyes

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the electronics are expensive. The artical I read said that they cost more then a new GSXR 1000. I hope that other factorys like yamaha and suzuki make street versions of there motogp bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts