Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gunk ? of the day...

One of the valve covers on the RC is leaking oil after I start the bike and run it for a few minutes. I get a lot of hissing and oil spraying on the side???

I am thinking that the motor just has blockage of some sort since its been sitting but need to fix it so any thoughts would be great.

Taken the valve cover off and cleaned the gasket and also looked inside to see if there were any abnormalities... Looks ok from what I can see...

·
Moderator,
11,545 Posts
Does the oil pressure light come on at any point?
Maybe a new gasket is in order. The smallest pinhole will fuck everything up.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LeonTLR said:
Does the oil pressure light come on at any point?
Maybe a new gasket is in order. The smallest pinhole will fuck everything up.

No error lights/codes... :confused Runs and heats up then starts spitting oil out of the side... When I stop the bike it continues to hiss/spit air and oil until pressure is normal. Cleaned the gasket like it said to do in the Manual and cleaned the edges were the gasket holds tight. Other valve cover has no issues... Pressure stays constant also once it heats up not varying in pressure from rev's or time running...
:confused :confused :confused

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LeonTLR said:
The only thing I would suggest is to replace the gasket, or use some sort of rtv.

Ya did the RVT already and it poped like Gr8's condom the night he thought he was safe from becoming a dad...

Going to use motor flush with the shit from Napa or Auto Zone. I am not aware of that actually fucking anything up on a sportbike you know of any body (aka your self) that may have used motor flush on a sport bike???

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LeonTLR said:
why would you want to do that? make sure it wont affect the clutches.
ya, that was a bad idea now that I thought about it... My thoughts are that if there was a clog or something I might be able to flush it out...

·
Moderator,
11,545 Posts
if there was a clog anywhere your oil pressure would go through the roof. It's most likely a small tear or pinhole in the gasket. Same thing happened with the diaphram in the old zx9. I couldn't see any damage but it was fucked..

·
Registered
8,718 Posts
LeonTLR said:
if there was a clog anywhere your oil pressure would go through the roof. It's most likely a small tear or pinhole in the gasket. Same thing happened with the diaphram in the old zx9. I couldn't see any damage but it was fucked..
hmm by 'old zx9' you mean kel, no?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LeonTLR said:
ya, I'll just replace the gasket... and stop my bitchin... :D

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
how about leaving your shit together and quit fucking with shit that aint broke, that usually solves the issue. Or what you can do is stick your dick in the hole, should fit up perfectly.:redflip

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gr8whytehunter said:
how about leaving your shit together and quit fucking with shit that aint broke, that usually solves the issue. Or what you can do is stick your dick in the hole, should fit up perfectly.:redflip

Wow, I would not be talking about sticking my dick in anything/holes after racerboy got done digging a channel in your ass cock sucker...:redflip

And I'll stop fucking with my shit as soon as you stop fucking with yours biatch... :redflip :crackup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts