Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at putting a few LED lights on my bike for some accent lighting. Maybe a couple up front and a couple to give the hugger a nice glow. Anyone have any experience with these? Any good sources for where to buy? Any installation tips? Color suggestions? I was looking at purple, blue, or yellow...

·
Hair Pie
477 Posts
I have seen hyper led's!!!

I have actually seen a hyper led bar installed and working on a bike!!! They looked awsome! Much brighter and richer in colour than neons! NO transformer needed for theese guys either! The only brand i have found is varad, and they even sell them at crutchfield.com . I have been wanting to put some on my bike but have been to lazy lately.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have 2 Hyper LED's on my bike. One behind the plate shining into the undertail area, and one under the front fairing shining onto the front fender. They create a pretty nice glow, for only 2 little LED's. Everyone thinks I have neon, and they can't find the tubes:D Check out www.tricktape.com the lighting section has all kinds of different things.

·
Hair Pie
477 Posts
NYSteve said:
why not use neons? easy to wire and better glow. if you want a subtle look try the neon wire. both can be gotten at www.tricktape.com or if your set on led's try the led screw lights adds a very sublte glow
Uses less power, no transformers needed ( less wires than neon ), brighter glow, so why should I use neons again?

·
Moderator,
11,236 Posts
BigPapaPorsche said:
Uses less power, no transformers needed ( less wires than neon ), brighter glow, so why should I use neons again?
the only way is it really a brighter glow is if you use a few LED's the only bike i saw a big difference with them on it was rich's aka coach the chrome reflected it nicely.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ended up ordering a pack of 4 from an online audio company. Only place I could find them besides ebay. Got the purple, so hopefully they'll look good on my bike...

·
Hair Pie
477 Posts
NYSteve said:
the only way is it really a brighter glow is if you use a few LED's the only bike i saw a big difference with them on it was rich's aka coach the chrome reflected it nicely.
I am talking about the Hyper Led bar's wich is a tube like neons filled with a whole s-load of the hyper leds. I am not sure if ur talking bout the singles or the bar. Check em out
here

·
Hair Pie
477 Posts
HATCHBOMB said:
Ended up ordering a pack of 4 from an online audio company. Only place I could find them besides ebay. Got the purple, so hopefully they'll look good on my bike...
They should look nice! Post some pics please when you get them installed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Dragon-

How did you install them? Splice into a specific power source? I'm also interested in putting an on/off switch so I can turn them off if needed (local authorities?). Any thoughts on incorporating a switch???

·
Moderator,
11,236 Posts
BigPapaPorsche said:
I am talking about the Hyper Led bar's wich is a tube like neons filled with a whole s-load of the hyper leds. I am not sure if ur talking bout the singles or the bar. Check em out
here
ahhh now i got ya;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the hyper LED's yesterday, and installed 2 of the 4 under the tail section. Not quite bright enough, so I think I'll try putting the other 2 back there as well. Maybe the LED light bars would be better for the undertail...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts