Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a post for future helmet buyers, I was in a minor get off last week and scuffed my helmet. i called KBC today and told them about it, they said to ship it to them and they would examine it the day they get it and ship it back to me for free. I am quite impressed, and I mentioned to the guy that I purchased another VR-1 today to use as a second/replacement helmet for the one in the accident. I just thought I would share because it is nice to see some good customer service every once in a while.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well my GF rides with me sometimes and my VR-1 fits her really well, so I ordered a second one for her to use if mine checks out ok, and I will use it while KBC is examining my scuffed helmet. If mine doesn't check out then the one I just ordered will become my primary helmet. The guy on the phone seemed to think it would be OK but he said to send it in to be on the safe side. I have an HJC Cl-12 that my GF uses right now but it is heavy and uncomfortable compared to the VR-1. Plus it is a little big for me.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I bought 2 VR-1's when they first came out. I'm still amazed at how light they are and the price aint bad either.

·
Registered
309 Posts
cgreer00 said:
well my GF rides with me sometimes and my VR-1 fits her really well, so I ordered a second one for her to use if mine checks out ok, and I will use it while KBC is examining my scuffed helmet. If mine doesn't check out then the one I just ordered will become my primary helmet. The guy on the phone seemed to think it would be OK but he said to send it in to be on the safe side. I have an HJC Cl-12 that my GF uses right now but it is heavy and uncomfortable compared to the VR-1. Plus it is a little big for me.
Your head is smaller than yer GF's?? :confused

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah she's got a thick head of long hair and my hair is cut very short. plus i have always had a smaller shaped head...hat size of 7 1/8

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Glad to hear that.........I have been thinking of picking up a KBC myself........

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just to update this thread,
I talked to the KBC service guy today and they are sending my helmet back to me...he says it is fine, just had some surface paint chips. the coolest thing is that they are replacing my scratched up visor and my helmet liner for free! Wow, I am totally impressed and glad that I ordered a second VR-1 to have as a second/back up helmet.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
cgreer00 said:
just to update this thread,
I talked to the KBC service guy today and they are sending my helmet back to me...he says it is fine, just had some surface paint chips. the coolest thing is that they are replacing my scratched up visor and my helmet liner for free! Wow, I am totally impressed and glad that I ordered a second VR-1 to have as a second/back up helmet.
Wow, I'm sold on them now...thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here's another happy KBC VR-1 customer. Parts411.com has em right now for 160. Can't believe how cheap a helmet of this quality is.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
damn thats amazing I'll have to get one for the track save the $$$$ stuff for posing

·
Registered
395 Posts
Add me to the happy VR-1 owner list. It's light, comfortable, and very reasonably priced. It's highly underrated.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
compared to my HJC, the wind noise is good. I haven't worn an ARAI or Shoei so I cannot compare to them. For around town riding it is fine without ear plugs....when I go up into the mountains I always have my plugs in so it is nice and quiet. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts