Discussion Starter #1
Why does my multi vitamin turn my pee kawi green? :confused

·
Obey The Pug
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TYEster said:
Mines neon yellow...
i guess mine is kinda yellow too, but its definatley neon. I check next pee.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
many multivitamins contain more of the water-soluble vitamins than your body could possibly use. your urine is bright yellow b/c your kidneys are excreting the excess. it's not anything to worry about. just means they're doing their job. ;) a massive excess of fat-soluble vitamins is more of a problem (vitamins A, D, E, K), so you'll usually find that vitamins don't contain megadoses of those.

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
B12 makes mine yeller too
I dont take too many vitamins, just some extra C & E, along with a multivitamin on a day I work out. Your body just flushes most of it away.

waste of $$$

·
Obey The Pug
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sean said:
I'm not sold on the effectiveness of multivitamins.
I'm not either, and i normally don't take them on a regular basis, but my diet has been lacking in quantity and quality. Last week, i 've been only eating 2x a day, and being on a vegetarian diet, wasn't helping me get enough nutrients in and i started looking like crap. So i started popping vitamins the past 2 days and drinking tons of water. I do look better today, less like a zombie.

I prefer to get my nutrients in the natural way. I did go food shopping finally so I have plenty of good, nutritious food to eat. I just have to get up earlier and have time to eat at least 3 meals a day.

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
Sean said:
I'm not sold on the effectiveness of multivitamins.
for people who eat healthy they are not necessary. for people who dont eat healthy or on a fairly restrictive diet, they can be very useful.

to me its more of an insurance thing than anything else.

·
Registered
928 Posts
i take a daily multivitamin for the random vitamins i struggle to get from food. I have a hard time getting enough potassium in a day, so the vitamins help.

·
Moderator,
12,051 Posts
I take a set of daily multi's - 101 and Apoc have probably heard of this: Animal pack, along with a daily dose of milk thistle.

Turns my pee FLOURESCENT neon yellow.

I'm half tempted to leave it in a public toilet every now and then just to give someone a wtf moment.

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Method said:
That's my one gripe with the animal pak is that it's expensive - About 50 bucks per bottle.
http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=851

I use these only on lifting days..the I take a Centrum plus 2 calcium on non-lifting days. It gives the body a chance to flush out the excess vitamins.

Whoever says you don't need vitamin supplements and can get everything from foods is simply full of shit. Todays foods are so processed that alot of the nutrients have been removed. Plus foods vary so much in vitamin/mineral content that you cannot equate 1 apple to having X amount of vitamins.

Also, for those that have urine turning nice bright colors, you needc to drink enough water to have 1 piss clear per day. FYI...

·
Obey The Pug
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
101Lifts2 said:

Also, for those that have urine turning nice bright colors, you needc to drink enough water to have 1 piss clear per day. FYI...
i wash down the vitamin with a glass of water and the first and 2nd pee is neon, the rest is clear. i'm aiming for 8 glasses.

Can too much water ever be too much?

not all multi's do that to me, just this brand i've been taking.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Method said:
I take a set of daily multi's - 101 and Apoc have probably heard of this: Animal pack, along with a daily dose of milk thistle.

Turns my pee FLOURESCENT neon yellow.

I'm half tempted to leave it in a public toilet every now and then just to give someone a wtf moment.
just started with Animal Pak today. wtf is with that colour? even after reading this thread, i had a :confused moment when i looked at it. someone's bound to think i'm radioactive if they see that

1 - 20 of 27 Posts