Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vodka question...
whats the best and is it much more $ than say Absolute?
How much Vodka can one take before they get buzzed if typicaly they are pretty tolerant of other drinks.
As you can see i know nothing ab out alcohol.
I had a 1/4 absolute and 3/4 craberry and liked it but felt absolute prolly isnt the better brand....I didn't feel a thing from that....I had 2. Does better vodka have a stronger affect or no? anyway it was the only drink i really ever liked....

·
Registered
958 Posts
To get a "stronger affect" you need a higher quantity or higher alcohol content. Rum, for instance, varies in alcohol content, but I don't think Vodka does. Of course, I'm not really a vodka drinker, except on rare occasions mixed with Kahlua. Just drink a few more drinks faster, and you'll feel the buzz.

·
Registered
434 Posts
mmmmm vodka.......last time i went bowlin i was rockin the redbull/vodka......until it rocked me on the way home....not a good scene lol....sure was fun getting there though

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
slikz said:
I found to be Grey Goose pretty good, and not all that expensive when I bought it.
+1 Try Grey Goose Le Citron, Sierra Mist, a splash of Cranberry w/a lime....it is sooooooo good :D

·
Moderator,
11,545 Posts
Personally I like Kettle One.

Jason, if you want more effect from Vodka, try 3/4 vodka and 1/4 cranberry. :redflip

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
smirnoff's is at the bottom (based strictly on cost), then absolut..
Grey Goose is good, Effen I found to be quite good...
I had a bottle of Tito's handmade distilled 5x, I thought it was smooth..
There's a brand distilled form grapes(?) that is supposedly good..dammit I can't rember tho.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I acctually don't want the effect :) It seems to help me relax a bit and loose a headache but i dont want to be buzzed.

·
Inspector #5
1,434 Posts
You should try Chopin (or is it Chopan?). Very smooth. Drink it straight, don't mix with too much. Maybe a little tonic or just on ice.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
ketel one / grey goose / anything in a plastic bottle:laughing

those first two are my fav. It isnt pricy at all.

·
Registered
441 Posts
First go to a quality liquor store. They will usually let u take little baby shots to taste the different liquors. If not and your in the buying mood look for "Cactus" vodka. Its honestly the smoothest vodka i have ever had, absolutley no burn or aftertaste. From my eastern european heritage i have had nearly every kind of vodka from bankers club to grey goose and all the stuff inbetween, and the cactus vodka has to be my favorite. Also try some of the citrus or raspberry vodkas most do a pretty good job of covering up the taste.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
"Best" is pretty subjective. i like potato-based vodkas (like Chopin) more than grain-based, but they're harder to find and more expensive. If you're going to mix it 3-to-1 anyway, there's no point in buying the top-shelf stuff. i know Smirnoff makes both an 80-proof and a 100-proof (stronger) version of theirs, i don't know if anyone else does that. Mixed drinks vary quite a lot in their potency. Strong cocktails made with high-proof rum or gin will hit harder than most vodka drinks, but there are others that are weaker... there's not really an easy answer.

...dave
:redcreep

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
It's all about the distilling process with Vodka. Avoid the generic stuff to get better quality with few impurities.

I like the new Aboslut Level. It's a nice smooth drink.

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
Only one rule with Vodka

If it ain't Russian.....you should start flushin'

:laughing

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
get the cheapest shit you can find, and run it through a brita filter 3 or 4 times. no seriously.
bad vodka = uber impurities. remove the impurities and you got smooth tasting stuff.

get wasted on the cheap with no crap!!

http://www.ohmygoditburns.com/wordpress/index.php?p=4

1 - 20 of 38 Posts