Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody I'm new to this forum like everybody else :D

I was on SBN but didn't post much. Anyways......

I just traded my F4i for a VTR 1000 and damn have I been missing out :D

Now the bike didn't come with the owners manual so I'm missing some info I'd like to have, like how much oil dose it hold, Valve inspection interval that kinda fun stuff.

Plus for any VTR guys what kinda mods should I be looking to do other then getting the suspension sorted

Thx for any ehlp you can give

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have a spare owners manual I'll give you. Send me a few bucks for postage and its yours.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
4qts of oil
Valves should be checked every 16,000 miles.

The Suspension and brakes are the weak points.

I redid my front forks with Racetech springs and goldvalves.

For the brakes, I swapped in a 929 master cylinder(Direct swap)goodridge kevlar lines,EBC prolite rotors and HHpads.

I was going to swap the rear shock for a penski but I bought a track bike so that will get the shock instead.:cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the offer Shane but I'll be buying a shop manual soon I just needed to know how much oil because I'm changing that tomorrow. Nothing worse then coming up short and having to drive back to the dealer :shake

Thanks for the info RCM78

I've already put steel braided lines on and that helped with the lever feel but the brakes are still weak I'll have to look into rotors and HH pads.

So much to do so little money :creep

Thanks again

·
Registered
7 Posts
After fitting a set of Two Brothers end cans and rejetting the throttle response is MUCH improved. I got on this bike after trading in my SV650 and initially I thought that below 90 mph the power was not much better than the SV, but after the cans and rejetting it runs like you think that it should.
Now for the suspension mods. Anyone fit a set of USD forks?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
A spacer under the top of the fork quickens the steering nicley.I used to know a web site that had a bunch of good mods.I'll see if i can find it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts