Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Original Digi Slut
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have a friend in SC who is wanting to get rid of his SKI NATIQUE boat, trailer, and the works, for $900.

I rode in this boat over the summer, and it does 60+ across the water with no problems, and has no issues with hauling 2 ski-ers.

Boat comes with cd disk unit, speakers, brand new chairs, $500 custom trailer, and etc.

Guy is selling it, as he just bought a pontoon party barge, and the ski boat needs some slight engine work to it. Guy is out of room in storage, and his Mrs. has said the ski boat has to go.

If interested, let me know, and I can bring it back to Charlotte for you.

·
"Whatever It Takes"
2,169 Posts
I'm assuming you mean $8000.00 right? Does he need a bike?:hornball

·
Original Digi Slut
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Made a typo ealier....meant to say $900.00 (and no, not 9k) If I had the money, I would have jumped on this, like right NOW!

I will be happy to go over Friday, and take some pics, if need be. Like I said, if anyone wants to set up the deal, I will be happy to tow it back to Charlotte. But you will need to let me know.

Dwayne Messer
Anderson, SC
(864) 226-4171 Leave a message if no one answers.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Sentinel said:
What year is it and how many hours on are the boat?
You already have a boat.(TLR) You don't need another.:D

·
Rolling Chicane
8,124 Posts
900 bucks? What year boat is it? I'm interested if it's in decent shape.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Please post a couple of pics if not too much trouble. The last boat I got real excited about turned out to be a "disco" themed job.

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
A Ski Nautique for $900 is a deal even if its missing its transom!:laughing Chicks dig Nautiques!;) By the way have any of yall ever done one of those 65 mph 180 swap stops on a Nautique? Its the 2nd most fun thing ya can do on the water!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Not to pee in anybody's cornflakes, but there aren't any inbord ski boats that I know of that will do over about 50 mph. Granted, I've been out of the whole boating/lake thing for several years, but I had a Mastercraft for about fifteen years and kept up with different types of ski boats. There is a difference between a boat like a Ski Nautique or a Mastercraft. The older ones are dedicated ski boats built for torque and not speed. They can pull one skier or twleve and you'll never know the difference from the drivers seat. Ski Nautique's have a little brother called Ski Tique's. Could that be what this boat is? $900 is way cheap even if it's in rough shape. I sold my Mastercraft for $7500 18 months ago and it was a 1984 model.

Boomer, if this boat is a Ski Nautique your friend doesn't know what he has. Does it have a hole in it or something?:laughing

Put about $2000 into it for new upholstery and carpet, and then get the motor right, and you'll have a boat worth a whole lot more than $3000.

What year is it?

·
Original Digi Slut
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Again folks, I do not know what year, etc. This is why I put his number up above. Again, reason he is selling it, is due to lack of space. If I had the money, I would have already bought it.

I have seen the boat do 60+, so I know he is not lying about its speed. I know that the motor needs a little bit of work, as said above, but that there are lots of new parts on the boat. No need to replace carpet, or uphostery, as they are virtually brand new, and look sharp. I will be happy to take some pics, when I go over on Friday to deliver presents.

·
Original Digi Slut
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay...shows how much I know about boats! :laughing

She is an Arriva, and has red and WHITE interior, with brand new floor boards. I took a slew of pictures of her today for everyone to look at them. However, I am unable to unload the camera, as I am traveling at the moment. Once I return, or am able to get them off the camera, I will post.

She had some leaves in the floorboard, from a loosely tied cover, but nothing that a good vacuuming canna' correct. Anyone want to loan me the money SO I CAN BUY IT! :laughing

·
Original Digi Slut
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JRA said:
I knew it sounded to good to be true.:laughing
Hey wait a sec John...there is nothing wrong with the boat, nor the deal. I just donna' know my head from a hole in the ground, and got it confused with a different style of boat...:laughing

Looks like I need another hit off of Lance's shine, to clear the cobwebbs! :nanana

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I just meant that a Ski Nautique for $900 is like the best boat deal I'd ever heard of (unless it had a hole in it or something else majorly wrong). I just can't imagine a scenerio where a boat like a Nautique or Mastercraft would go for under $5000 if it were in running shape with no major problems. Heck, the trailer would be worth $1000 by itself.

Now a 1980's Bayliner on the other hand, I can easily understand that. They're kind of like the Ninja 250 of boats. Cheap (even when brand new), entry level boats, that put a lot of people (at least on Boone Lake here in J.C.) on the water who had no business being on the water. It used to piss us off to no end when we'd be docking a boat and some idiot would come by in their Bayliner 30 feet from the dock creating a huge wake. Or... not yield the right of way on the water, or... a dozen other infractions I can think or that an inexperienced boater would be guilty of. A whole lot like a squid on his first bike, riding without gear, and trying to do wheelies the first day he brought the bike home.

No offense meant to your friend, Shawn. If it's in running shape $900 still sounds like a pretty good deal. Did somebody say it was an outboard? It would be a cheap way for somebody to take to the water, but please... If you buy this boat and don't know anything about boating, take the time to learn. Just like you would about riding a motorcycle. The other boaters will appreciate it.:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts