Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Falling asleep to the sound of gunfire, nightly.
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good waterproof backpack with lots of room. anyone have any info / feedback on the Astars or Ogio?

·
SHHHHITZILLA
9,452 Posts
i got an astars back pack and its coated with something it was 89 bucks u can barely fit a helmet in there too but anyways they used to have a 150 dollar one thats supposed to fit a helmet no problem... check this site out they got both astars and ogio...

http://street-bikes.ridegear.com/shop/Backpacks.html

·
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks. Henry, you read my mind.

·
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the chrome stuff best out of the three manufacturers. But, I still don't see how any of those bags keep your laptop from getting wet. They all fold over the top and essentially the ends are still exposed. So, you'd still need to have the thing in a waterproof bag. Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll be deciding between the ortlieb and the chrome.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
:laughing

·
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Jay,

I have two of the Ortlieb bags and they are rock solid. Super tough and no leakage. The backpacks look like crap but you know they'll be squared away.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The ortlieb's aren't quite $150 - second ascent in ballard has the big one for $109. I was thinking about getting one for a trip I'm taking but decided for a bag that was a little less waterproof but bigger and with an internal frame so more comfortable. For around town the ortlieb looked great though.

·
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wingzerothree said:
i got an astars back pack and its coated with something it was 89 bucks u can barely fit a helmet in there too but anyways they used to have a 150 dollar one thats supposed to fit a helmet no problem... check this site out they got both astars and ogio...

http://street-bikes.ridegear.com/shop/Backpacks.html
You can still get that big ass Astars bag from motorcycleusa.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.