Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out last night that I have one more present to buy. Evidently, when my girlfriend pulled a name out of a hat for the secret santa thing she was doing with her family, she pulled two names and didn't tell me. DOH

So I have today and tomorrow to buy a present, $50 or less, for her sister.

Her sister is always tight on money and borrowing from people and has a 1 year old boy so she has diapers and milk to buy which makes it tighter. Question I have is, do I get her a smart gift:

$25 on a gas card since she drives back and forth from Bellevue to Seattle for school and $25 at Safeway for emergency money.

or the fun gift:

Cheap DVD player (though she has no DVD's yet)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Why not try to split it up and do a little of both? That way she has something she needs and something fun? If she's tight on cash I'm sure it's hard to treat herself to a lot of things that are fun

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Seems like she could use something practical. Gift cards are always good because they can get what they want and its not too personal.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not try to split it up and do a little of both?
Because we have a $50 limit, and I have not seen DVD Players in the local stores (and at this point I cannot go out price shopping) for $25-30 bucks, they are usually close to $50

·
This little piggy went to market...
2,684 Posts
Don't get the DVD player if she needs the other stuff. Just my opinion. :D

·
***Site Owner***
2,812 Posts
I have seen some 25 dollar DVD players at Walmart and Target! Im sure they are not the greatest but if they work then they arebetter then what she has! Maybe that and a gas cardor gift card to a store that sells baby stuff!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Who says you have to get a DVD player? Get a $25 gift card and then something else fun that she wouldn't buy for herself.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
something else fun that she wouldn't buy for herself
don't know her well enough to do that. She likes raves, she is going to beauty school, she has a 1 year old :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
bbones said:
don't know her well enough to do that. She likes raves, she is going to beauty school, she has a 1 year old :)

Why doesn't your girlfriend help? It seems like she would know her well enough to buy something she would like. My girlfriends sister has a 1 year old too. I will ask her what she would buy.

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
bbones said:
She likes raves,...
Buy her some X? :laughing

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I agree with the $25 gift card and find out something that she might like from your g/f (since it is her sister) that she wouldnt normally buy for herself since she has the baby to worry about.

Nico

·
the fruit of my loins
6,518 Posts
check out target, we got a $29 DVD player for my mom las year and i swear my mom thinks we spent a few hundred dollars on it

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Buy her some X?
It's funny cuz it's true!!!

:laughing

My girlfriend told me to buy her a nice shirt for her job.

I'll check out Target on the way home, if I can find one of those DVD players I'll get it and put the rest on a Safeway card.

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Hypnotiq said:
Buy her some X? :laughing
+1

Get her a couple triple stack tan mercedes ($30 to $40 depending on the market these days), a couple glow sticks and some lotion ($10) and she'll be good for New Years!!! :dance4

Gift cards, man...and if it's not too late, get a Visa Gift Card so she's not limited to one place or if it is an emergency type thing, she can use it where ever she might be (say she gets a flat or her car needs to be towed, they won't take a Wally World gift card). They do cost like $5 to purchase since a name is slapped on it, but after receiving gift cards for places we don't have over here from East Coast relatives, it makes a lot more sense.

P.S. Don't do the cheap DVD player...they don't work and aren't all that reliable. Co-worker bought three, two of them don't work and when my parents bought the cheapest they could find when they first came out ($100 from Rowa :beat) that thing is the worst...the remote has a million buttons but only does one command which is OPEN.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool, there is one of those in Woodinville near where I work.

If she wants a DVD player or whatever, she can pick it up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts