Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Tatters in the Tree House
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea I was checking out the weather last night and yea it's going to be cold as hell this comming weekend. We're talking a high in the mid 50's if that. There talking a chance of snow on Thru here. So I guess my question is do you all still want to ride? I don't care I can always put on warmer clothes but wanted to make sure this is what everyone wanted to do before I go and find a trailor and truck and all that good stuff.

Plus I wanted to start a new thread so that I could see easier who all was comming.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Now now, it;s showing 60's for sat here.
Whatever everyone wants. We could always just get together and hang out or something for the weekend. My place is available for anyonw who needs a place to crash. Just PM me, and I'll let youknow the details for crashing.

·
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well hell the weather changed since yesterday. Like I said I am up for the ride and as long as others are willing I will hook up a trailor.

·
Moderator,
3,312 Posts
Heck i'm up for it i haven't gotten to ride in over a week because i've been sick. We'll just have to layer up :D

·
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well now I am having trouble finding a trailor. U-Haul has trailors but they only handle one bike. So that means I can take two. He did mention one that could handle two that he might be able to hook me up with for $24 a day. I don't know I am still looking.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Someone needs to get ahold of Frank, because I don't know if he knows about this sire and the threads here.

Also, I can put a couple bikes at my place. I think with some fenaggeling I can fit two more in the screened in porch and one in the garage. If all else fails, i'll pull the VW out of the garage, and we can fit like 8 more in there. Which is prolly what I'll do. Rach and I have dibs on the screened in porch (it's paved, the garage isn't. :D)

·
Moderator,
3,312 Posts
Cruizer said:
Rach and I have dibs on the screened in porch (it's paved, the garage isn't. :D)
:redflip :redflip :redflip

Stylemaster - how many from down there are gonna come up as of right now?

·
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only one that has told me yes so far is Frank. I am waiting to see if Moses is still wanting to go. At the most there will be 4 of us plus yamahagirl in lafayette but she has her own truck

·
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright I talked to Moses and Vanloon this today. Neither one seemed to thrilled to go so I am not going to worry about it. Can someone get ahold of Frank. Basically if he goes it will be us two which will be easy since I can just rent a trailor from u-haul. If he doesn't go then I will just bring mine up in the truck.

·
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, well I guess the trailor will be there so if you hear from him let me know. Also let him know that it costs $15 a day. I can pay for one day if he covers the second.

In any case I will be bringing mine up in a truck. I talked to Yamahagirl last night, she told me she would let me know soon if she was comming. If she does I will wait for her in Lafayette fri night and then she can follow me up there.

·
Moderator,
3,312 Posts
Woohoo we're gonna have a great weekend w/ great weather and everyone is gonna be feeling good :D (i'm trying not to jinx it this time :laughing)

·
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rachael927 said:
Woohoo we're gonna have a great weekend w/ great weather and everyone is gonna be feeling good :D (i'm trying not to jinx it this time :laughing)
Hell yea we are!!!!!:D

·
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well we may have a change in plans. The truck I was supposed to get may fall through. I'm not sure yet but the guy may need it this weekend which would mean I will be stuck with my car. Either way we are still planning on comming up there so count on that, but I won't know about the bike part until Thru.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Damn, Im gettin tired of registering on all these sites:) jumpin around all over the place is too much work for an old man like me:) Ok, Jon, yes, splitting half the cost of the trailor is fine with me. My main concern right niw is the weather. I went riding today, and it wasnt so bad. (Finally got the bike back with new ft tire yesterday) (and tightened chain Brent!:) But I hear its supposed to be a lot colder this weekend. Not trying to be a party pooper, just realistic.

I do have two vans if it will hep as far as transporting the bikes. One has a tow hithc, but it a PIECE OF SHIT. The other doesnt have a hitch, but I have had my bike in the back of it before.

Not sure if this helps or not. and again, Im more thanwilling to split the cost of a trailor. Just not too sure on the weather thing. Im gonna go to Cylce outfitters tomorrow to check on jackets.

·
Moderator,
3,312 Posts
Woohooo he made it :D and you're not old either :laughing

Don't worry about the weather, it's gonna be nice this weekend (ummmm yeah :laughing)

·
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My buddy is looking into getting me one of his work trucks but isn't sure if he can yet. He is going to the covered bridge festival this weekend and there showing rain. That's why he wants his truck because every other year he has gotten stuck in the mud after it rained.

Frank if your van can handle your bike then lets just do that. No sense in spending any money if we don't have to. If I can get a truck then I will through mine in there and meet you somewhere so that you can follow me.

Oh and by the way, bout damn time you made it over here. Good to see you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
stylemaster53 said:
My buddy is looking into getting me one of his work trucks but isn't sure if he can yet. He is going to the covered bridge festival this weekend and there showing rain. That's why he wants his truck because every other year he has gotten stuck in the mud after it rained.

Frank if your van can handle your bike then lets just do that. No sense in spending any money if we don't have to. If I can get a truck then I will through mine in there and meet you somewhere so that you can follow me.

Oh and by the way, bout damn time you made it over here. Good to see you.
Ok, if this was posted, sorry. Where and when are you leaving for valpo? Are you stopping in Lafayette for Yamigirl, or is she def not going? any more info on the weather? What days are the rides planned?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts