Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whelp, my weight lifting class starts in about an hour and a half, got any advice for me?

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Yes eat something high in carbs before you go... Don't overdo it initially... Let your body adjust.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had a big ass bowl of ziti...
I hope they show me how to do some stretches...
hehehe, this should be fun :)
weightlifting in my jump boots a bad idea?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Skip it and watch a movie with super butter loaded popcorn

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Well you should usually eat about an hour before you go. But it will do.

Stretching is good, but not as necessary as you are just getting going. Once you get sore, repair, sore, repair etc... You will be tight... Then stretching is important. Just make sure you get good and warmed up...

Of course it does matter what you are looking for for results?

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the class is at 5, just got done eating the ziti...so thats good..

as for results...
well I am 5'11" 155 pounds..
want some more mass, but not flabby mass, I want nice defined mass...
Like Hyrowler...hes a fucking huge guy...I'd be happy with half the muscle mass he has, but a lot more definition...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
ziadel said:

as for results...
Like Hyrowler...hes a fucking huge guy...I'd be happy with half the muscle mass he has, but a lot more definition...
i think hyrowler shits muscles....

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it wouldnt surprise me..
I am just saying, I dun wanna be THAT muscled...
jsut some more muscle with good definition...

·
Registered
62 Posts
`Hmmm I'v ebeen lifting for about 16 years now. Advice...keep good form and don;t worry about what others are doing or the weight they are using. Some of the best built bodybuilders (non steroid boys) use lighter weights than I at higher reps. Its all in the form and ....diet. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the afvice, I am off to my class...

omg, I hit 200 posts yay!

later all, thanks again

·
Registered
309 Posts
vizsladog44 said:
i think hyrowler shits muscles....
My advice Z, 6x6 heavy with every core strength lift, squat, bench, powerclean, thats really the only way to build mass. Heavy weight low reps high sets. Don't over do it, and don't be a pussy. :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
ziadel said:

as for results...
I'm not huge, just a badass. I was blessed with height, the frame was manufactured through NW smash mouth football.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no one at HVCC seems to know where HUD112 is...
so I gotta gogo the regisrar tomorrow and find out if the class still exits...
they can it if theres less than 5 people...

*mutter*
I can still goto the gym on my own tho :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Start small....

I lift 12 oz. at a time and then move to the "Big" weights.

32 oz....

·
Registered
203 Posts
to gain mass...

You must lift weights, and provide your body with enough nutrients to maximize the muscle rebuilding process. I am a strong beleiver that overlifting yields less results due to the reduction in muscle healing time. You must eat health and eat alot, and do it CONSISTENTLY for your body to build mass, The key is consitency

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Maybe get into what Hyrowler says later on but do that now and you'll be crippled. :laughing

Good to see you again Hyrowler. :twofinger Hope you don't get booted to quick here. :laughing

Stick to high reps and let your body get used to lifting. Doesn't sound like you have a slow metabolism so I wouldn't think you'd get flabby regardless of what you eat... But listen to Kratz.

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Hyrowler said:
I'm not huge, just a badass. I was blessed with height, the frame was manufactured through NW smash mouth football.
You mean a punk ass.:redflip

Apparently you haven't seen Hyrowler's gut Ziadel:D :redflip

What you don't want to do it load up on every fuckin thing, think your big and end up with a gut. A gut = fat evenly distributed. Remember big guys shouldn't impress you. Big guys with no gut should. Thats hard to do and little know how to do it. It takes carb cycling and constant body monitoring and adjusting.

You should take protein before and after with simple carbs before and after as well.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Not only take protein before and after(remember the carbs before) but take in a buttload of protein throughout the day, through real food and supplementation once you get moving. Just try and get 1-1.5 grams of protein per 1 lbs of body mass. For you it won't be hard at first, but if and when you start putting on weight it gets harder and harder to keep it going.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts