Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How diffrent are our bikes (EX500 vs EX250)?

Think y'all could show a lil love for us 500cc riders? Are we welcome in here? :p

·
Registered
445 Posts
Of course you can. Us 250 riders are very friendly.

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cue that elton john song from "the lion king"

yeah i feel the love tonight!

(GOTTA stop watchin soo many cartoons with my neices)

·
Registered
203 Posts
welcome

This is basically just a new riders board started due to the popularity of ex250's andex500's, so welcome. I dont think that the ex500 is really that much up on power versus the ex250 anyway. Someone correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe Rezin could change the title of this "Ninja 250 board" to something like "250cc-500cc board" which would include a broad spectrum of beginner bikes.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Joules, I think the reason behind it is that the EX250 is just so popular for beginners. However saying that we are not saying that other 250 riders cannot post questions or participate in discussions in here as you can see from other threads in this sub forum.

Cheers

·
EGYPT
1,987 Posts
ninja 500r

guys i have a 98 500r and i think that bad boy is fast as nuts!!! corners great and handles awsomn... i've been riding for only 2 months and already put 2500 miles on it!!! its the best beginner bike ever in my opinion!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Would you sum it up to say that the 250 handle a tad better and the 500 takes off a tad quicker?

·
Registered
111 Posts
well, I duno how well the bike takes off versus a 250....but they weigh just a snitch less dry than the Gixxer 1k does. lol.

I duno...I'm partial to a full fairing. ;) duno much about the handling either....but i'd venture to say the 250 has an edge on the 500....weight ownz joo.

Welcome to the beginner class forum! lol. or, VERY advanced rider class. ;)

remember: it's not what you ride, but how you ride it. Frustrating large displacement bikes is SOOOO fun. :D :burnout

·
Registered
775 Posts
Youre kinda comparing apples and oranges. The 250 and 500 have diff. powerbands, among other things. To say one handles or takes off better than the other is really not an accurate comparison. Also, smaller displacement doesnt always mean easier handling. It took a bit more of an effort to throw my Ninja 500r in the corners than my R6. The 500 is also about 15-20 lbs. heavier than the 600. There are more things that contribute to the flickability of an R6, but thats another thread.

I enjoyed riding my 500. Very reliable and built like a tank! It has enough power to keep up on the interstate. I didnt feel any headshakes around 115mph, while my friend started shaking on his Suzuki GS500 around 85mph :laughing so I guess thats a good thing. It also handles great in the twisties and is a popular racebike in the lightweight twins class (after the SV650's). I would definitely recommend it as a first bike or an upgrade from a 250.

Oh and by the way, my '01 500r is for sale :D --> http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5888

·
Registered
148 Posts
Re: welcome

afog05 said:
This is basically just a new riders board started due to the popularity of ex250's andex500's, so welcome. I dont think that the ex500 is really that much up on power versus the ex250 anyway. Someone correct me if im wrong
I think you're wrong. I've ridden a 250 and I'd say my 500 is FAR faster. The 250 may handle SLIGHTLY better, but it would have to be a racer or very experienced rider to take that bike to it's full limits.
So that argument isn't valid for a average 250 rider to say to a 500 rider.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts