Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Teabagger is a Fat Bitch
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently use a pair of timberland hiking boots however i want to get a good set of riding boots,

what do you all use and can you show a picture of them.

thanks

Jeremy

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Any motorcycle boot is better than what you are riding with.

But I wouldn't say one is the "best", it just boils down to preference.

I am running Sidi Verterbae Chromo's right now. Getting a little old and pekid but holding up.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I love the alpinestars SMX boots I have. I do not have a pic but check their website. Like Ian said any good motorcycling boot would be better than nothing.

·
Registered
860 Posts
As was said previously, it is very subjective. However, if you stick to the well known brands, you should be ok. Sidi, Alpinestars, Gaerne, Prexport are all nice boots.

What you should do is make sure you try each boot on before deciding which one to buy. I ordered the Sidi Vertebra's and there was no way I was comfortable. The top of my feet kept getting pinched by the boot. Maybe I have high arches? Anyway, as much as I wanted to keep them, I couldn't go with Sidi.

Beware of some Alpinestars if you have big calves. Their SMX boot which is probably their most popular has no calf adjustment so if your calves are big, they won't fit.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yeah, go try some on.

I was comfortable in both the Alpinestar SMX Plus and the Sidi Vert 2. I chose the Sidi because of the more streamlined (less clunky feeling) shape of the overall boot for my given size (Euro 45, US 11, UK 10).

I am wearing them now to break in the left boot since I got it replaced for the right size after a mixup at the shop.

Read the tale here

SB

·
Registered
846 Posts
StrickSVS said:
I love the alpinestars SMX boots I have. I do not have a pic but check their website. Like Ian said any good motorcycling boot would be better than nothing.
I agree, love my SMXs. Good price, good value, not ugly, and don't squeak much.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Oxtar Evo

Just bought a pair of Oxtar Evo Ti for $179. I believe they are the only boot CE certified. Good boot for the money.

·
Moderator,
9,884 Posts
I have a pair of the Sidi Vert Race boots and they are great. They get a little uncomfortable if your walking around in them for a few hours, but other than that I have no complaints. They are expensive, but it's cheap compared to the cost of the two surguries I went though after my accident.

·
Teabagger is a Fat Bitch
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where is the cheapest place on the net for Oxtar Evo Ti

thanks

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Frey Daytonas are the ultimate in protection, but they are full on RACE boots. Check out some of their other offerings, as Expresso has pointed out, great boots, but pricy.
I really enjoy my Alpinestars SMX boots.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sidi City Boots

I have a pair of Sidi City Boots. There were $200 form Motorcycle super store They are nice boots that look like regular boots when you wear them with jeans, but they have the advantage of armor in the ankles, toes, heel and shin. Took about a week to break in but after that they are all day comforable. So if you're looking for something protect you while riding but that you don't have to change out of when you get where you're going I would suggest checking these out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Oxtar Evo

gummo said:
Just bought a pair of Oxtar Evo Ti for $179. I believe they are the only boot CE certified. Good boot for the money.
I'll second that. I've (unfortunately) tested the Titanium sliders on the ankle in an unfortunate lowside. The boots took minimal damage, and all on the titanium slider portions (which are replaceable, yay!). I did need to add gel soles to make them more comfortable, but that was about it. Well worth the $$$. They're kinda hard to find, though, so you have to look around. Usually mail-order only (or online).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts