Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator/Coder,
8,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need to practice my low-speed maneuvering. So I wanted to mark up a little U-turn box on a parking lot with the same dimensions as the MSF one. What are those dimensions, exactly?

·
Registered
156 Posts
In the BRC, the large box is 24x60 (I think that's the correct length). The smaller box in only 20 feet wide. The ERC adds a 28 foot width as well.

Obviously your goal should be the smaller box. I've seen large bikes do the 20 foot box just fine.

:draggin

·
Registered
82 Posts
THE BOX IS LAYED OUT IN TWO PARTS...
24X40 AND THE SMALLER PORTION IS 20X40.
THE 20X40 WORKS OUT TO 2 PARKING STALLS WIDE X 2 PARKING STALLS LONG.
SO IF YOU ARE PRACTICING AT A MALL PARKING LOT OR SOMETHING... THAT IS HOW YOU CAN JUDGE YOUR BOX SIZE.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You sure about the length of the boxes? If I'm reading the range diagrams correctly they are 60 feet long. I'm pretty sure that's what they are on our range.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The larger box in the BRC is 24' X 60' (dashed line on one long side) while the smaller box is 20' X 60' (all 4 sides are solid lines). For the ERC the box gets wider (up to 28') and longer (up to 70').
Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the BRC, the large box is 24x60 (I think that's the correct length). The smaller box in only 20 feet wide. The ERC adds a 28 foot width as well.

Obviously your goal should be the smaller box. I've seen large bikes do the 20 foot box just fine.

I found it easier to do the smaller box with the bigger bike (650) because it wanted to lean more and stabilize better because of the lower center of gravity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts