Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Rain Dancer
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this is my first season riding, and as winter is coming up on us. I wanted to know what everyone does to winterize their bikes? No I don't mean parking it in the garages and ride em next season.. Please post up some tips..

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
I dont think you want to winterize your bike cause soemtimes its nice and you'll want to ride it. Its a good thing is to raise the tires so it dont get dry get some stands handy or kowa has them for under $100 for front and rear. Also a battery tender.

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Ok btw they are the same exact stands so go with the cheapest price i dont know what they charge for shipping so call both places and see. post up when you find prices to let everyone else know

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
and another thing go with the rubber rear pads, eventhough the bobbins are more secure the pads offer flexability. Like if you changed your bike or if you want to help a freind out in need.

·
Rain Dancer
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think EL has really gone psycho.... with all those posts... Dude are you ok..:redflip Then again his screen name explains it..

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
look at you LOL 95posts already at least im not whoring around the biker babes section at one point you had the whole board lit up :biggrin
If you are over there you must keep :bigspecs you never know who might read it. :p

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
POSTWHORE :twofinger

Sandeep,
You'll want to get a battery tender even if you don't plan on winterizing fully. If you don't plan on riding once or twice a week, you'll be better off taking the battery out and hooking it up to the tender so it doesn't lose charge.

And if anyone cracks another joke about me winterizing my bike last year... Manny, I'll beat the snot out of you. :D

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
krazymixer said:
Since this is my first season riding, and as winter is coming up on us. I wanted to know what everyone does to winterize their bikes? No I don't mean parking it in the garages and ride em next season.. Please post up some tips..
I start looking for 190/50-ZR17 knobbies for the rear so I can get traction in the snow. :D

Listen to Drew, he's a pro! :laughing

·
Premium Member
5,190 Posts
Re: Re: What do you do to winterize your bike?

Winterize a motorcycle, What's that?

I ride my girl year round... Right A?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What do you do to winterize your bike?

pete9976 said:
Winterize a motorcycle, What's that?
My thoughts exactly ... as long as it is above freezing and there is no ice/snow on the road I am out there.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
If it's over 45 degrees, I am out riding. If I don't ride for a week, I start going crazy and get all upset.

We are pretty lucky here in NJ, you can technically ride all year round. Don't winterize just put on an extra sweatshirt and take it a little slower black ice can be a bitch!

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
GLeeTLR said:
Good info, came across unexpectedly. By the way, are those Kowa stands good quality?
Whats up Glee

I have the handy. The handy and kowa are the same stands just different logo stickers. We have talked about this in the pit area so instead of me aggravating my carpal tunnel I will direct you to the disscussion
CLICK HERE FOR THE BIKE STAND DISSCUSSION
Hope it helps.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts