Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Ladies love fatbuck's Cupcakes
17,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never liked the Idea of taking religous debates to CMR since CMR appears to be a place where folks embrace their faith...not debate it.

What about opening up Jabberwocky to religious debate as well as political?

Jabberwocky has a pretty limited audience and for the most part threads have been civil while netting an interesting exchange.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
With the heavy spill-over from politics to religion these days it makes sense. Unfortunately it also results in a lot of bashing.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Hell, I think Jabberwocky and News and Current events should be moved to the Grandstands altogether. Toss religion in there also. Maybe just have a rule for the Religious, Political and News threads. Like putting "News," "Politics," or "Religion" in the title like "NSFW."

·
17,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Speed_Addiction said:
Hell, I think Jabberwocky and News and Current events should be moved to the Grandstands altogether. Toss religion in there also. Maybe just have a rule for the Religious, Political and News threads. Like putting "News," "Politics," or "Religion" in the title like "NSFW."
Too be honest...not everyone wants to be bothered with News\Politics\Religion.

Would clog up Grandstands a bit..

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
pauldun170 said:
Too be honest...not everyone wants to be bothered with News\Politics\Religion.

Would clog up Grandstands a bit..
Not really. We don't get a dozen new threads between News and Jabberwocky put together in a day.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Speed_Addiction said:
Not really. We don't get a dozen new threads between News and Jabberwocky put together in a day.
Perhaps, but the threads would probably either go completely nuts with flames from people who don't usually post in such threads, or they would be burried in the "here's my cute fluffy dog" threads.

There's a certain logic to keeping such things out of The Grandstands.

Despite what pauldun170 said, IMHO most of the religious threads in here go well over the line.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Papa_Complex said:
Perhaps, but the threads would probably either go completely nuts with flames from people who don't usually post in such threads, or they would be burried in the "here's my cute fluffy dog" threads.
And don't forget the "ain't I sexy" attention whore threads the leghumpers love so much.

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
Putting jabber or news or religion in the grandstands I think is a bad idea.
But I would like to see a less christian dominated religious forum for open discussion, no matter how heated it gets. We are all adults. People just should know up front not to wear kids gloves before they jump in.

·
CF Security Administrator,
6,639 Posts
this is exactly why spiritual riders was created for ...adult discussion/debates only please....

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
the one with only one visible thread that says "this poor neglected forum"
:laughing

Ill go start up some stuff in there, maybe we can breathe some life into it.

·
6,639 Posts
Steel Chicken said:
the one with only one visible thread that says "this poor neglected forum"
:laughing

Ill go start up some stuff in there, maybe we can breathe some life into it.

Yup ...we even put it on the FRONT PAGE because the last time this came up folks were crying that they couldn't find it "buried" in the forums :laughing .....

·
6,639 Posts
Method said:
Damn - Z beat me to it :)

The forum is dead, but it's definitely the right spot for those types of debates, that can go out of the CMR forum.

Not to worry, we all realize you're a little "slow" ....we've come to realize that you do the best you can with what you've got :twofinger

·
17,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Examples of things that will get posts or threads deleted:
1) Branding an entire group of believers or a single belief as invalid
2) Name-calling or intolerance of ANY measure

This list is not all-inclusive. ANYTHING that creates disharmony will be deleted IMMEDIATELY, and WITHOUT explanation
Speed Addiction has been automatically banned.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Zeos said:
this is exactly why spiritual riders was created for ...adult discussion/debates only please....
You can't really have a group for "spiritual riders" and put Muslims and Christians in there. Won't work. Like putting ferrets and snakes in the same cage.

·
17,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I went ahead and replied to Steels threads......

Let the games begin!!

·
17,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Speed_Addiction said:
You can't really have a group for "spiritual riders" and put Muslims and Christians in there. Won't work. Like putting ferrets and snakes in the same cage.

The problem seems to be that everyone gets all defensive when Atheists and Agnostics step into the room.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts