Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey every one just got my bike and of course I had to get the right gear just wondering what everyone else is wearing and if they would like to share a little about it, likes, dislikes, would you buy it again? Thanks.

Jacket
Alpinestars SM-X textile new style for 03 I paid 189 for it. The armor is more like pads but it seems like it would be enough to help stop breaking something in a lowslide if you hit a tree/rail at 90+ your fucked anyway. I like the zipout liner its just like my fieldjacket liner and military guys know how warm that is. But with out the liner its nice and cool not too windy but I like the airflow. Main reasion for getting it was read bad things about the Joe Rocket stuff and I liked the styling. I would buy it again

Gloves
Alpinestars GP plus white paid 161. Pretty nice looking I dont know about white leather though. I have read good and bad things about these but I chanced it and I will see what happens I really cant say much cause i just got them other than the ends of the fingers seem to be a little anoying but I will get use to them might help to get them a little big, mine fit well like a glove.

Helmet
Well I am wearing a HJC CL-12 for now it came with the bike, im convinced on getting a Arai but this is nice for now. Not bad ventalation visor up seems to wisle but what do you want at 60mph no big complants ready to move up.

There you have it guys I hope my little input helps hope we get a good responce, it would be nice to get some reviews.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've got a pile of gear...:D

Alpinestars Dyno jacket
AGV Mission jacket

AGV Delta 1-pc suit
Firstgear Thermogear 1-pc suit

AGV X-vent lid

Alpinestars S-MX boots

www.allbikestuff.com gloves;
Alpinestars GP Plus gloves (pretty much retired);
Alpinestars SP3 gloves;
A nice pair of insulated gloves with some knuckle padding;
Deerskin gloves (2 pairs), which I wear for about 75% of my riding.

The lid, boots, both jackets, the leather 1-pc, and all the gloves rock. I do have a minor complaint about the Firstgear suit: the collar doesn't adjust tight enough to seal, and sometimes wind will blow down the back of the collar and inflate me like a balloon. :D I'm sure this is amusing to the other people on the road with me. Other than that, it's great: warm as hell, waterproof, comfy, and a good number of pockets.

The GP Plus gloves are nice, but for the money, mine should've lasted longer.

Jared

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Helmet... Brand new Arai Quantum f, had an Arai Signet GT that got destroyed in my getoff. Paid about 400 bucks for each with tax from local dealership.

Gloves... Teknic Speedstars, also destroyed a pair in the getoff. Replaced with the same model. Paid 160 bucks

Jacket... First Gear S-Pilot 2000. Survived the getoff very well considering. Paid 500 for it a few years ago.

Pants... First Gear Flightline pants. Moderate protection, wouldn't buy them again. No knee slider protection and knee cups don't sit on the kneecap when on the bike. Paid like 300 for them. Quality is there, just the design should be looked at.

Boots... Sidi Vertabrae Chromo's... Paid 250 in winter of '00. Great quality, good fit, comfortable. Survived my getoff with nothing to show of it.

Next up by Christmas, full Vanson suit.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Lids:

1 Arai Quantum-f Nakano Replica
1 Arai Quantum-f Okada Replica

Jackets:
First Gear Diablo Leather Tex - Red/White/Black
Suzuki Tech Jacket - Blue/White/Black

Gloves:
Suzuki Tech II Gloves
Teknic Kevlar Gloves

Boots:
I just wear a pair of Danner steel toe and stell shank boots with Thinsulate. I wear these at EMS because they are so durable, so I got a pair to ride in.

Pants:

Well I am a bad guy because I just wear jeans. I am looking for some draggin jeans type pants, but want something a little more fashionable. MAy get some Icon pants.

·
Cranky Euro-Gnome
1,344 Posts
Hmmmm. where to start....
Lids.
Arai Quantum E Doohan- retired for age reasons
Arai Quantum S Doohan- retired for age also
Arai Quantum F Haga- street helmet. Great venting and seals well. Super comfy and seals well.
AGV X-Vent Mackenzie- trackdays. Very light, good venting, not as comfy as Arai but good enough for 20 min. track sessions

Leathers,
Dainese Arrow 2 piece sport suit- street wear. Nice but not race weight leather. Also, relaxed a lot and is now a little too big.
Fieldsheer Blaster 1 piece race suit- Trackdays. Fits my short and stumpiness better than any suit I've tried while still being comfy. No complaints.

Gloves,
Teknic Violator II's- Nice gloves and review well. I have a tendency to wear the palms out quickly, though.
AGV Pro Roadrace Gloves- nice gloves, lots of armor and comfy. Warmer than most sport gloves. Gauntlet a littl short and velcro strap a little small.

Boots,
AGV 580's- Street. Only keep them around because the thinner shin armor fits under jeans easily.
AGV Pro Carbon RR Boots- Trackdays. Lots of armor, almost to a fault. Very stiff and not good for walking around in but good on the bike.
I am forced to wear AGV boots because they are the only ones with a speedlace system. I need this to get them over my large calfs and the very substantial armor in my Dainese suit. Your results may vary.
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Helmet: HJC LT20, soon to be Suomy Rep

JAcket: Phoenix
Pants: JR ballistic

1 piece : teknic violator
teknic boots

Violator gloves, and a Teknic 7 plate back protector

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ok
AGV X-Vent Helmet
AGV Sport Blade Leather Jacket with full body armour.
AGV Sport Blade Leather Pants
R-Jay Textile Jacket with body armour
Falco Sports Boots
R-Jay Leather Gloves With Kevlar

Cheers

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Helmet:
Arai Quantum/f(2nd one in 4 years, the first ones padding was sacked out after 50k miles in it)

Gloves:
Teknic Violator II(great feel, I like their protective qualities. May need to retire due to use induced aroma, PU!)
Teknic Enforcer(these are a waterproof membrane race glove. Still waterproof and warm for the past 3+ years)
FirstGear perf wrist length(great for commuting in 85+ deg days)

Boots:
Sidi Strada(commuting to work boot)
Alpinestars S-MX Gore-Tex

Jackets:
Harley Davidson Cafe(don't laugh this is a basicly the S-Pilot with a HD logo on it. It served me very well while in college and alittle after it. Retired, but not in bad shape)
Joe Rocket Ballistic(what would be considered the 2.0 version. Was an OK jacket. It billowed up too much and confirmed for me I don't really like a 3/4 length jacket. Retired accept for REALLY cold riding)
Joe Rocket Rhino(reasonably waterproof accept the armpit vents, and the front pockets. If the pockets aren't zipped shut water runs right in. Forcing myself to get my money out of it. Am looking for a good cordura replacement)
Triumph Race(full perf leather jacket in sliver. I love the fit and the perf for the hot rides. Armor seems good too)
Triumph TT600 Paddock(originally bought for commuting to work in, due to the massive vents. But I bought a size too big. Now I wear it over the Race jacket, sans armor, for a windbreaker and light rain coat. Works great!)

Pants:
Joe Rocket Ballistic 3.0(liked the fit and they were waterproof for me. But in semi retirement due to the next item)
Triumph Race pants(full perf and very armored. I have come to enjoy wearing leather gear again. Though I don't know what I'm going to do now that it's getting darn cold. Wearing my rain suit pants is alittle wierd)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Lids: Arai Quantum F...never going back to Shoei
Boots: Sidi Verts...love them
Gloves: ALpinestar..SP2
Leathers: Syed custom (thanks 1)
Other jacket: Vanson...like it but too costly..never again...
other other jacket: Joe rocket Phoenix...for the store runs ya know...I like it alot...

·
Registered
832 Posts
Helmets Arai RX7-RR4: The worlds best helmet, light, high quality,removable liner, looks great, noisy and dont like the way shield is replaced
Shoei RF800: simple, not many frills, quiet, good shield mechanism.
Jackets Vanson Avenger: Great Jacket, very heavy and tough.
JR Pheonix: Everyone and their mother has one, oh well
Suit Spidi hook: No get offs, fits well with plenty of gut and ass room
Gloves JR Speedmasters: Falling apart, soon to be replaced with Teknics
Boots Sidi Verts: Love em, no get offs though, a little squeaky
Alpinestar streetboot: pretty generic and simple, but they do the job

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Arai Quantum F
AGV 1 piece Rage - broken in...he he
Alpinstar Nylon 3/4 Jacket w/ body armor & removable liner
Alpinstar leather pants
Alpinestar GP Boots
Alpinstar GP Plus gloves
Alpinestar GP1 gloves
Bohn back protector

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Arai Quantum/F Reentry Graphic

Alpinestar GP Plus gloves in blue

Zero-60 Textile jacket (reviewed in gear review section)

Sidi Vertebra 2 boots in black

Soon to come:

Vanson Mark 2 Hurricane

Vanson Technical Sport Rider pants

·
Forum Administrator,
5,742 Posts
LID:

- Shoei RF-800 Jag TC-3 (Would buy another or better)

Jackets:

- Vanson CSRX-full GP armour (Excellent jacket)
- Fieldsheer Air Blade (Good Summer jacket)

Pants:

- Teknic Violator (Good pants, would buy again)
- Dragg'n Jeans (2 pairs Blue & black, excellent sub. for work use)

Gloves:

- Teknic SilverStone gloves (good gloves, would buy again or better)
- Tour Master Summer gel (nice, summer gloves)

Boots:

- Alpinestars SMX-Plus (Nice boot but garbage! They fell apart after a few months use!:( )
- Alpinestars Road Tech GTX (yet another nice, waterproof boot)

:cigar

·
Registered
319 Posts
arai rx7 nicky hayden in black...I LOVE GHIS HELMET

joe rocket meteor 3.0 jacket in blue

alpinestars gp plus gloves in black

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm surprised!

Are there less people using Aerostich suits than I thought???? Come on.... anyone out there wear a stich?????????

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Re: I'm surprised!

simiguy said:
Are there less people using Aerostich suits than I thought???? Come on.... anyone out there wear a stich?????????
I've found that the 'Stitch isn't a big deal outside the sporttouring and touring groups. Sportbikers usually believe if they are going to invest that kind of money in a suit, it should be leather(not bad logic) and cruisers usually don't find the 'Stitch styish enough. This is slowly changing, especially due to the number of streetbike articles you see in popular American mags where the rider is in a 'Stitch.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
helmet - Suomy Bostrom Laguna Seca rep.
suit - JR Highside two-piece with upgraded hard armor (next season going to buy a 1-piece Alpinestars)
gloves - Spidi tre composite
boots - Oxtar TCS

1 - 20 of 32 Posts