Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ever wonder??

Everytime you go out riding with buddies, youre the ONLY Kawa ?
or evertime you go to the rockstore, theres only 3-4 out of 50 sportbikes?
You ever wonder why were so loyal? and there only a few of us?

For me, its something about my bike, i feel connected to it and I feel very safe going 10/10ths without worrying about it spitting me off. I totally trust it and I love the way it sounds and pulls through the sweepers. i like being the only Kawa there too sometimes, Makes you feel unique at times. =)

whats your take on it?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Kawi has a stained image, IMO. A lot of posers say, "The Gix is [this fast], [that fast]!" or same about the R6, etc. It comes with the mentality that a comfortble bike cannot be as well performing as a full race-replica bike. It slows the sales of, again IMO, the best 4-cyl bikes around. I used to be one of the very few of us that rides a ZX-6R and ZX-9R. Rarely did I ever see another at one of my meets. I loved it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 6R is the first Kawi I ave owned. I got it because it fit me best, and wasn't a "me too" bike. I love it so far and I think I will be loyal here on out, especially if they bring out the 10R. :toothy

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I can't speak for the rest of you, but, basically, I'm just not all that bright.

Actually, it has to do with Kawi making a great road bike. It works for what I need it to do. With the new 6R being much more aggressive, I may move to something else. I have to try it first, though.

As much as I like my Kawi, I never want to become so loyal to a brand that I can't see a good machine for what it is.

·
Loser with a slow bike
220 Posts
I like the Kawi's because they arent a torture rack like the gixxer and the sqiuds generally stay away from them. Because you know since the gixxer's lap time was .00001 seconds faster it must be the best bike.:laughing

·
Registered
81 Posts
For me it's the color... OK, not the reason, but green is awesome. I like the Kaw's for their reputation of being a solid motor to build gobs of hp, the comfort of the 6r, and the less squids factor. My buddies always ask, hey how's it feel to be the only Kaw? Guess they'll never know...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think a few of you guys sum up the way I feel. I love the green, the comfort, power and the ease of control the bike offers. It makes me feel like a hero when I ride. :D

I also like being the underdog and not seeing my bike coming and going on the road.

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
I'm getting a Ninja 250R and I totally agree. Everyone else has a Yamaha, Honda, or GSX-R. Pretty nice to be different & comfy at the same time. :)

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I like being at the local bike night and seeing the only Red/Black 9R...Mine.

I like the looks. After I replaced the rear spring, set the suspension and then added a full Muzzys and rejet, the bike fits me to a T!!

Personally, I think my 9R is the best looking bike out there...that was my first impression. Of course, I still want a 955i, too. :twofinger

I ned to get some new pics of my bike...

·
Registered
50 Posts
It is a combination of many things, lets see...it is the comfort, reliability, uniqueness, and arguably the best sounding inline 4. several mags have mentioned that they should've patented the sound of there bikes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll tell you why...

1. Maybe old designs but they still win...ie. E Bos on his old ZX 7RR almost beat Nicky on his new RC51

2. Speaking of stability, have you ever noticed you rarely see a Kawi go down on the street. It's always the Gixxers, CBR's and YZF's.

3. There are friends of mine who always want to ride my ZX12 on the way home becasue they are tired and their knees hurt. Too bad!

4. Oh and did I mention the 12 will outrun everything else on the highway?

5. Green is a highly visible color. It's good to be seen by other motorists.

6. Been riding one since I was 8 y/o(1974 KZ 90) my folks still have it in their garage and the damn thing still runs!!!!

7. I really like my new R1 but I love my ZX-12R! Let the Good Times Roll at 200mph!

·
Registered
445 Posts
comes down to a allround good product. They perform well, they handle well, they are comfy, mechanically good and they seem to hold their resale value well. IMO Just a bloody great bike.

Cheers
:p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I bought 2 bikes in less than 2 weeks...a 98 CBR 600 and a 2001 ZX6R. I bought the CBR first, but the ZX6R was what I was really looking for. At first I liked the CBR better, because it was a more comfortable ride to me. Then I was driving the the ZX6R and fell in LOVE!! It is sooo comfy now, even with the hard ass seat! :) The engine is smooth, the ride is nice, I LOVE IT!!! I have gone back to the CBR many times, and the ZX is just leaps above it!! The CBR is a great bike.....the ZX6R is just better!

That reminds me, I should really start pushing to sell the CBR again.

·
I rode cycles before sportbikes exhisted
19 Posts
NUTZ!!! Kawi's had always had tons of power! I have owned 3 Kawi's and the next one will be a ZX-10R for me or a ZX-6R for my wife (she has a FRZ-600 now).

I had a '86 ZX900 and it had tons of power for that time.

Then the '93 ZX6E - The Rodney Dangergfield of the 600's. Yes it was a little heavy, but I could smoke CBR 600's (F1, F2, and F3's), R6's, GSXR 600's. Hell, I beat a 94 GSXR-750 once also. All drag racing.

Now I have a '99 ZX9R and love the power and torque! Plus it is nice to be the only one around. And it sure it nice to pass R1's and GSXR 1000's on the outside and have them look at you and say that they never saw you coming. But they sure saw me going!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I forgot to mention...while in college I'd ride to the local Kawi dealer on my trusty GPz and lust over the latest and greatest Ninjas and . I'm not exactly sure of the year, or model, but it did take me over 13 years before I finally got my 9R. That's another reason why I got the 9R, instead of the Daytona 955i, that I wanted also

I should mention, the GPz was an awesome bike...I wish I could remember which year model it was! :confused

·
I used to be drunk and Tan damn NY
7,107 Posts
My first bike I sat on just about everything you could imagine rode a few honda's rode a zook or too I live in FL aka gixxerland I don't want to be like everyone else my maintenance is very low and my bike never lets me down I am in love with the green;)

As well two riders here that I have major respect for ride kawi ;)

·
Registered
669 Posts
miztress6 said:
As well two riders here that I have major respect for ride kawi ;)
I'm not sure who she is talking about...:confused

I have been in love with the ZX line forever. I had a KZ1000 back in like 88 or 89 or so. When it came to striaght line performance all I ever saw was Kawasaki. The bike are reliable, FAST and very comfortable compared to some other brands. I have always had a bike that is not the most common thing onthe road and I like that too.

'91 ZX6D - Black
'95 ZX9R - Burgandy
'98 ZX9R - Green
'00 ZX9R - Mica

I can pretty much guarentee I will be riding green for life!

·
I used to be drunk and Tan damn NY
7,107 Posts
Dkmssl said:
I'm not sure who she is talking about...:confused
:p you know you are a Kawi God!! :laughing

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw someone's quote once...

When you think of Honda...you think of the Accord

Suzuki, the little Land-cruiser SUV...or the old GS series

Yamaha...music equipment

But Kawasaki's have been bikes forever. Not that Yamaha, Honda, and Suz haven't been, but think about it...Especially the Ninja line. Kawasaki's have always been bikes of power and speed.

I personally keep loyal because everybody has to have teh newest R1 or Gix1k... I like being myself...by not having a bike that everyone else has.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts