Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Got stock on there now, but will be replacing them with ebc HH.

My F3 has stock, but Im going to take advantage of Galfer's deal with the free brakepads with brake lines purchase! :D

·
Moderator,
6,141 Posts
karl_1052 said:
HH pads in six piston calipers.

stops with one fingr better than a new R1.
There is no way that bike stops better then the new R1...even IF your brakes were better. It weighs too much...

I never understood the whole "SIX PISTON" thing. THe 929 has 4 piston brakes and they work better then the gixxer's 6 pistons....

Hell, the guys on gixxer.com are putting 929 calipers on their gsxr1000's.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand:D

EBC HH's

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
WOT Blake said:
There is no way that bike stops better then the new R1...even IF your brakes were better. It weighs too much...

I never understood the whole "SIX PISTON" thing. THe 929 has 4 piston brakes and they work better then the gixxer's 6 pistons....

Hell, the guys on gixxer.com are putting 929 calipers on their gsxr1000's.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand:D

EBC HH's
my roommate has a 2001 R1, and I have driven both, and my brakes have better feel, and more stopping power than the R1.
If there is one good thng about my bike it is the front brakes.

and it probably does not weigh much more than an R1. It was 434dry and I have hacked probably at least 20-25lbs off that. I imagine it is close in weight to a stock ZX9R or 93-99 CBR900RR.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
EBC HH's on the race bike.....stock on the superchicken(which will be changed soon!)

·
Super Moderator
23,500 Posts
WOT Blake said:

Apparently you never rode the YZF750 Blake. IT is listed as one of the best brake systems ever on a production bike. Not bad for an 'outdated model':D

Ferodo pads street

EBC HH race

·
Registered
413 Posts
EBC HH in the front. It doesn't matter what's in the back cos' there isn't a whole lot to bite on. :D

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
TJA1 said:
EBC HH in the front. It doesn't matter what's in the back cos' there isn't a whole lot to bite on. :D
That isn't the stock rotor though is it? Funky looking.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Actually Ian it is the stock rotor. It has been drilled out courtesy of GSX-R1K from SBN.

TCM Motorsports offers a similar service, they advertise in RRW.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
When i was a parts manager at yamaha ,reps would send me all kinds of stuff.ebc hh KIT pads(not sold through dealers)regular ebc hh pads(not that great)ferodo,performance friction.The best and my fav you ask???Dp hh+.Friggin awesome...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts