Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
How old is your grandmother? Mine is 113 and from
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I held my breath all nite so where the hell is my 4 to 8 inches of snow?!?!

Chock that one up as another over hype of the news. Damn it I wanted to go sleeding.

One car hood + Good Friends + 60 Degree Hill 75 yards long = Somone is going to the hospital.

Hope you guys had better snow.

Verne

·
Registered
5 Posts
I called the police.

I called the police and reported that someone stole my winter wonderland. They'll be here in an hour to take a report. I sure hope they find it.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
:laughing :crackup :laughing

Same here maybe I need to call the cops as well.......

·
How do I work this thing?
3,716 Posts
Typical Southerner Winter Panic. I was looking forward to NOT having to shovel my driveway no matter how much snow we got. Damn I miss shoveling snow. ;)

·
Trackday Whore
4,788 Posts
Well...I hate to say it...but my prediction was accurate again. I do it the old fashioned way. It was 35 degrees when I was coming home from work last night, combined with the fact that we'd had an unusually warm winter that hadn't sufficiently chilled the ground (which holds a lot of heat, similar to water). Combine that with the fact that urban areas typically don't cool very quickly and it all added up to no snow for us. Now...if they would have forcasted it being 18 degrees we'd be burried. But as it is, even at a few degrees below freezing, we'd only get icy bridges and overpasses.

So sad....I was looking forward to building a snow woman.

No....it's not me as a child. But judging by his huge grin, we've got a lot in common. :)

I think the weather forcasters and the grocery stores are running a racket. :)

·
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heck I dont leave in an urban area. I live at the base of the ridge and had maybe a half inch on the ground this morning for all of an hour until it melted. Now I can drive 15 minutes north to Macon County and my buddies got 5 inches in his front yard. Maybe I should move up on the ridge. NO!!! I would have to marry my kin folk then.

Verne

·
"We will preserve for our children th
606 Posts
Snow is freekin ratahded

SNow is so overrated. That same storm you got is forcast to intensify over the Carolinas and dump 6-12 on my house. Boston and the Cape will get closer to 20".
Hokie you can come shovel my driveway, better yet I can let you use the snowblower. It will be 20 deg out when it comes time for me to use it Sun morn.
I will not be a happy campa.

Oh and Verne the car hood escapades, did it, done it, knew someone who died doing it too.
Sonny Bono hit a tree skiing too. See that shits dangerous, gonna stick to motorcycles.

I heard the TN natives outlook on snow is
"the good lord put it there, he can take it away"
Good as long as its gone next week so I can unwrap my bike and ride it next week.
See this, http://dartfrog.blogspot.com/
and you'll see what I mean about unwraping. I cant wait!!!

·
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah sledding is not the safest thing to do but I haven't been in about 7 years. Just for once when they predict snow I would like to see it other than in pictures.

But thanks for the pic. My buddy got a big kick out of it.

Verne

·
Trackday Whore
4,788 Posts
Sledding isn't dangerous....

Now...what we used to do when I was a kid was. I'd tie a rope to my sled and tow it with my Suzuki Quadrunner. Nothing quite as funny as seeing your friends rolling down a hill at 30mph on their asses. :)

·
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tried something similar in my youth but it involved a truck, rope, sled and and snow/iced parking lot. Tried the quad thing once learned quickly to avoid both for my personal health.

Verne

·
"We will preserve for our children th
606 Posts
Ever try "bumper jumping"

On the way to school with your firiends,at a stop light grab hold of the bumper of a school bus or car.
Back in the day when they were metal and chrome you had something to hang on to.
Hang on and ski w/your boots on the packed plowed roads.
Sucked when you hit a dry patch or your glove ended up frozen to the metal.

Kids today will never experiance that joy.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
The side road I live on was covered in snow this morning. A right-left-right ......roads were clear all the way to work. Going to be a rough winter :laughing

60 degrees Wednesdays high forecasted :laughing

·
Trackday Whore
4,788 Posts
I'm jonesing for a ride. It's been over two weeks since I ridden and I'm having withdrawls. I might have to play hooky from work on Wednesday, or break down and ride in the cold this weekend. With electrics and proper insulation, it's not too bad as long as it's not below freezing.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
chadhargis said:
I'm jonesing for a ride. It's been over two weeks since I ridden and I'm having withdrawls. I might have to play hooky from work on Wednesday, or break down and ride in the cold this weekend. With electrics and proper insulation, it's not too bad as long as it's not below freezing.

I know what you mean. I was thinking about good ole North Georgia roads today, about how tacky the pavement is because of the sand content in their road mix.

·
Trackday Whore
4,788 Posts
And how tasty the German beer is, and how bad it tastes the next morning. :barf

·
3,716 Posts
And how half of North Georgia saw your weiner in all its "manscaped glory" or so you kept screaming :nanana

·
Trackday Whore
4,788 Posts
Oh yeah...that too.

How come no one mentions the huge titties that came out before my schlong? :confused

·
3,716 Posts
cause they belonged to a Harley chick...that shit is to be expected!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts