Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are sitting around today, at some relatives house, eating dinner, watching a little football, kicking back, having a very NORMAL Christmas, when lo and behold, you will never guess what happens. One of my cousins, comes in, gets down on one knee, and freakin PROPOSES to my OTHER COUSIN!?!??! I busted out laughing, thinking it was the best joke EVAR, so did everyone else, but then he looked up and said, "What is so funny, I am serious." and there I about fell out of my chair. WTF would make ANYONE want to MARRY their own COUSIN!?!?!?!??! Everyone was dumbfounded, didnt know what to say.:shake :confused :shake We just sat there in silence, not knowing what to say, and the cousin that was proposed to started crying, all happy, and it appeared that they had kept it all a secret for about a year. Talk about a WEIRD family Christmas, I think that one took the cake from what ANYONE here could have had. My parents and I still cant believe their neice/nephew are getting married in June, nor can I, and this wedding is gonna be something else.........just wanted to share my WACK family story as I still think im in the twilight zone........:shake

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Now thats keeping it in the family for ya:redflip

not sure what to make of that.

Tom

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
They are first cousins? :shake :shake

You knowwhat they say in Kentucky....Incest is best, a game the whole family can play..and what better time than Christmas to bring it out! :lol :lol

Shit, I would have fallen out of my chair too...LOL..gotta love families for shock value...
:nanana :nanana

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Another thing to think about is the legality of that in your state.

Tom

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
:shrug I dun really have an opinion on the subject, love is love.

·
Registered
563 Posts
you know your a red neck when..........

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
i don't think there's ever a smooth way to deliver the news that you've been boning your mom's sister's daughter.

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
Did she say yes? Are they 15 years old?

I would have laughed my ass off and had to excuse myself. The kids will be well adjusted and normal. :thumb

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I'm pretty sure a DNA test will show if they share any genes (?) if not, they are two completely seperate people. As a matter of fact - there is a very rare chance that a brother and sister might not share any genes and be as bioligically similar as complete strangers. :shrug

Sorry to sound so logical :redflip

·
Registered
16,960 Posts
Technically, incest is....

1. Sexual relations between persons who are so closely related that their marriage is illegal or forbidden by custom.

2. The statutory crime of sexual relations with such a near relative.

Texas does not prohibit the marriage of cousins as you describe it (http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/fa/fa0000200.html#fa001.2.001). So, it's not incest.

The rule of marriage by cousins IS NOT consistent. Some states bar any relationship. Others go only as far as second-cousins. Some only to first-cousins. Some allow it and only prohibit marriage between direct blood relationships....like father and mother.

Think of it though.... How close are some families anyway? You are the product of your mom and dad. A cousin is the product of two different people...of which, only one shares a common ancestor with one of your parents. You'd need several generations of deliberate inbreeding to have a problem.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Baby Gorilla said:
Think of it though.... How close are some families anyway? You are the product of your mom and dad. A cousin is the product of two different people...of which, only one shares a common ancestor with one of your parents. You'd need several generations of deliberate inbreeding to have a problem.
Actually it's a big crap shoot. All you need is the same gene passed on by each parent and you have a big problem.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've got a few questions for ya!....

1st) Do they have all their teeth?

2nd) Are any eyeballs crossed?

3rd) Was there the playing of any music with Banjo's in it (this has been known to cause strange behavior)

4th) What does your sister..............Im sorry, your wife think of all this?:crackup

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
coolhand said:

4th) What does your sister..............Im sorry, your wife think of all this?:crackup

I'm just pointing out, that two people from Alabama find this situation weird. Proving yet again, that Alabama > Texas. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
:crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup

Now I dont feel so bad. :nanana

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Well at least being an Usher in the wedding will be easy. Everyone sits on the same side of the church.:shrug

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I was wondering about that. :confused

1 - 20 of 62 Posts