Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
They call me Jugs.
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ladies… I went and sat on all the shiny bikes at the motorcycle show yesterday.

Decisions decisions.

As some of you know I’ve had a hell of a time with the SV legally. I love her and I love riding her but I think if I can’t get all the title bullshit squared away by the time spring rolls around I’m going to have to sell her as a race bike. It’s been extremely hard for me to see her sitting on the back patio doing nothing most of the time.

That being said… I think the front runners for the new bike are the GSXR and the CBR. Tough call. I’m not flat footed on either but they were both extremely comfortable (to me). Of course I drooled over the R6 and thought about it momentarily but I know it’s not for me.

Just wanted to post something moto related for once. ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just curious, why would you say the R6 wasn't for you?

At any rate, go with what is comfortable for you and your body. Isn't it fun to pick out a brand new bike???:redflip

·
They call me Jugs.
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I don’t have anything against the R6 and in fact I think they’re gorgeous but for whatever reason I don’t think they’re a fit for me. I’ve ridden one and something just wasn’t right with it. We just didn’t click…

Dad thinks the GSXR is a better bet for me but I think he just likes the way they look. :laughing

And before 1fast pipes in about using the SV as my own track bitch… I don’t have the money to do that really ( I don’t think anyway ). I may have to look at my finances once the car is paid off to see how feasible it would be to start doing track days. I just know once I really start doing it, I’ll be addicted and it’ll cost more than a crack addiction.

Don’t you just love how I can predict what you’re going to say 1fast?

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
i'd stick w/ the sv... i don't ever want another "supersport" i want to be able to ride my bike more than an hour w/o hurting and don't want to pay out of the ass for ins. anymore...

BUT, you chould get a SVS. that'd be nice... or just a FI SV, like 2003 and up. :thumb

·
Forum Leader,
18,928 Posts
Nawww Rue you "almost" had me on this one BUT with all the issues I say get rid of the SV and look at the 636, 600rr, or the gsxr. ;) Rue it comes down to what you want to do with the bike ;) If you want to take longer rides and travel maybe a Fz1 would be more of an option? Or even the Sv1000 ya know. Sure it is more than a 600 but the way the gearing is they are nice and fun around town.

·
They call me Jugs.
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TailTamer said:
How about the kawi zx6rr or the cbr600rr?
Love the kawi. Both great for the track.

What's the title issue?
It's a really long story but to sum it up I purchased it through auction with the help of a "friend" and he kind of split before dealing with the title. They made it out to him. I have no way of finding him. I can get a lost title bond and I've been in the process but it seems like just one thing after another. Just when I think it's over with.. there's more.

·
They call me Jugs.
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1fastchick said:
Nawww Rue you "almost" had me on this one BUT with all the issues I say get rid of the SV and look at the 636, 600rr, or the gsxr. ;) Rue it comes down to what you want to do with the bike ;) If you want to take longer rides and travel maybe a Fz1 would be more of an option? Or even the Sv1000 ya know. Sure it is more than a 600 but the way the gearing is they are nice and fun around town.
Right... see it's a whole jinxed karma thing now. I'm almost scared that something will happen and I'm not even that superstitious.

I'm really leaning more towards long distance at this point in my life. It's always been more fulfilling to me than speed. I don't know if I want to leap to a bigger bike yet though. We'll see. I have some time to think about it.

Just thinking about a new bike is kinda making me all fuzzy feeling.

·
Forum Leader,
18,928 Posts
Well chica the fz1 and bikes like its kinda have a great gearing and usually easier to man handle :twofinger but when it comes down to it you need to be happy with what you are getting. ;) There are SO many bikes out there now that it is just unreal. As for the travel thing I would buy a XX or a 1k to travel on. Both are comfy as hell to me. :)

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Rue, did you happen to sit on the new FZ6?? I really like the looks of it and curious what your thoughts were on it if you got to check one out. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,926 Posts
Rue said:
That being said… I think the front runners for the new bike are the GSXR and the CBR. Tough call. I’m not flat footed on either but they were both extremely comfortable (to me). Of course I drooled over the R6 and thought about it momentarily but I know it’s not for me.
I have ridden a few (three) GSXR's and personally I think they are uncomfortable. Between those two, I'd say CBR (ridden an F4 and an F4i). (My opinion is solely based on comfort or the seating position).

BTW - R6's r-o-c-k!
:nanana

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.