Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the girlfriend dumped me for no damn good reason:rant , what should i do now, should i just stay drunk most of the time, sleep with anygirl I can,etc, until i find another girlfriend, i mean that's looking like my plan, just wondering?

·
Holier Than Thou
8,706 Posts
Definitely stay drunk most of the time. Even after you find another GF. Everyone knows that drinking has absolutely no negative side effects. It also makes you very witty and clever in conversations and makes you irresistible to the opposite sex.

·
Registered
24,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Redrider2k2 said:
Definitely stay drunk most of the time. Even after you find another GF. Everyone knows that drinking has absolutely no negative side effects. It also makes you very witty and clever in conversations and makes you irresistible to the opposite sex.

yes, yes, i believe you are correct

·
Holier Than Thou
8,706 Posts
I know I am correct. I've been studying this theory for the last 6 years. It has not failed me yet...Except sometimes after a hard bender my kidneys hurt...But I'm sure it has nothing to do with the booze:toast

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
IMO the most attractive people are those that don't need to define themselves by the person they are with. But, yet, are comfortable in their own skin on their own merits.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Redrider2k2 said:
Its a known fact that drunk people live happy fulfilled lives :thumb

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
Post naked pics of the ex. Thatll show her!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
EpyonXero said:
Post naked pics of the ex. Thatll show her!
That is the smartest idea ever. and for that..i salute you :D

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Well it obviously had some effect on you....my suggestion is to take some to allow yourself to heal. Becoming an alcoholic, drug addict, or whatever else you could think of doing is not gonna make the pain go away, it is just gonna cover it up. Sure go out and live life...but don't be stupid about it.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The priceless advice seems to be split right down the male-female line. I think your answer is obvious. See you in the spring when you sober up, brother.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Well, if you're just joking around...by all means, get drunk and stay drunk. And if you're just wallowing in the immediate aftermath, go ahead and indulge yourself for a few days.

BUT...

If you're serious about "what should I do" and it's been more than a week...you should figure out why you got dumped. Because honestly, nobody gets dumped "for no good reason". Whether you consider it a good reason or not, she had something that she considered a good reason. Find out what it was...that's step one. Step two is to figure out if the reason is something that just lost you your ex (and is unlikely to effect future relationships) or if it's some issue that is going to keep coming up and screwing you. If it's the latter, then step three is to work on whatever that problem is, to try to improve it.

Staying drunk is just a sad way of avoiding your problems. And you'll never really move ahead in life if all you do is dodge the issues you have...you have to face them at some point.

And there is one final point...if you get drunk/stay drunk, all you'll be doing is justifying your ex's actions (i.e. dumping you). Do you want to give her the satisfaction? I didn't think so.

PS-
We've all got problems, some of them serious enough to have to work on. That doesn't make you weak or bad...just human. But be a big enough person to try to work through 'em.

·
Good on 2 God on 1
4,568 Posts
The best you can do in the aftermath of a failed relationship is to learn from your mistakes and move on. At least those are my words and I've come to believe them. For me drinking doesn't totally help. It helps that night while I'm out and buzzing but in the morning I'm depressed. I found that drinking 2 beers, just enough to catch a buzz and then staying sober and talking to a few selected girls was the best for helping me move on. In my expirience, it's not a hot idea to try and talk to too many girls in the same bar in the same night. You come across a little creepy, or needy, doing that.

Sorry to hear about it, Steve, but you're a pimp so you got nothing to worry about. Go out and exercise that game of yours.

·
I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about m
14,142 Posts
A quote from a friend says it best dude...

"Love is the delusion that one woman is different than the rest" :redflip

Be hateful, be mad, use women for a while... itll get easier... You'll know when your ready to move past the "Using them for my own satisfaction" phase :laughing

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
I have written this before and I will post it again. Why the hell do you HAVE to have anyone? You were born by yourself and when you die, there is not going to be anyone else with you in your casket when you go either. YOU are the best thing you have. YOU can make yourself happy if you want to. You, your bike and maybe a dog. That should be enough to make you happy. Anything more than that (ie a woman) is just a bonus. Makes things better but your happiness should not depend on that.

Once your happiness depends on someone else, then you will spend more time miserable than any other way!

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
Spank the monkey 10x a day. You'll have to cut down a little, but that'll make you feel a little better at least.

How long were you together?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Speed_Addiction said:
I have written this before and I will post it again. Why the hell do you HAVE to have anyone? You were born by yourself and when you die, there is not going to be anyone else with you in your casket when you go either. YOU are the best thing you have. YOU can make yourself happy if you want to. You, your bike and maybe a dog. That should be enough to make you happy. Anything more than that (ie a woman) is just a bonus. Makes things better but your happiness should not depend on that.

Once your happiness depends on someone else, then you will spend more time miserable than any other way!
+1 no words truer than that.

Im a sagitarius, it explains pretty much why I feel that way. Independant , freedom loving and hate commitment.

Seriously though Yamerhaw, as incredibly easy and fun drinking and getting laid by tons of woman can be, it would only be running from your problems. Not that there's something specificly wrong with it if those are your intentions.. I mean most people do run from their problems anyway. Either way hope it all gets better.. being depressed sucks especially during the holidays.

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
I know you've got a ton of friends, but if you're really depressed, shoot me a call. If ya need the number, I'll pm it to you.

Keep your head on straight, fucker. You're a tough SOB and you'll be fine. Ca

·
Mile high club instructor
3,324 Posts
Kick his ass!H!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts