Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not to sure what I want to do. I have been thinking that im going to get a gs500 next spring, hoping that with that, and all the gear and insurance and stuff that I need, will be somewhere around 2k. But I don't know if I want to put 2 grand atleast into something that I'm not sure that I am going to love. I am only 19, so I have plenty of years to start. I also don't have a ton of money, so starting now is going to be hard. I know that once I graduate from college it will be easier since I will have steady income, which I don't have now, and insurance will be much less. My other issue is that the roads around here suck, not a lot of twisties, not a lot of fun stuff. And lots of traffic. The last thing i want is to get nailed and be really injured. I know theres a very good chance that I would go down at some point, but I know thats the risk. I just don't know if I want to get into it yet.. ahhhhhh! If I dont get a bike i think I am going to try to find a project car to mess around with, something cheap that would be cheaper then a bike, yet still some fun.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah, it'd be fun, but I couldn't transport it. I dont have any good local spots either.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Have you taken the MSF course yet? It will help you come to a better understanding of whether you want to ride or not on a permanent basis...

That's what I did... didn't know if I wanted to ride, took the MSF, and now I can't wait to get a bike...

maybe you can wait until you grauate college... plenty of time ahead for riding...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, maybe ill take the msf next spring. I don't know, it really seems like I would enjoy it, its just the area. there are quite a few bikers around here, but I'm not really into just cruising down a packed highway or road, I'd like to get into twisties and stuff. I just fear getting bored because of that. I know i'd probably have a blast working on a fun car like those that i listed. But I really don't know, its a lot of money to me, so its a big decision.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your young &

give every indication of being very intelligent. Time is on your side so deliberate carefully.

It takes a lot of skill & luck to ride a bike & not endure a injury at some point.

Cars are safer & almost as exciting;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts