Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts

Ear EAR plugs barry, not butt plugs.:rolleyes:

I cannot get into the habit of wearing them. I forget I have them in my pocket. I am thinking about glueing the case I have for earplugs to my bike key. That way I'll remember.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ear plugs, butt plugs, whatever.

If I forget to put the er, EAR plugs in, I am reminded when my bike fires up and I realize how loud it is, or when YOUR bike fires up and I realize how quiet my bike is.

Barry

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
Barry said:
Ear plugs, butt plugs, whatever.

If I forget to put the er, EAR plugs in, I am reminded when my bike fires up and I realize how loud it is, or when YOUR bike fires up and I realize how quiet my bike is.

Barry
Same here barry. Your bike is way louder than mine. hehe.

Then again...If I still had it, I would challenge Todd to a sound off with the Vmax. Now that was loud-

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TricknR1 said:
What kind of pipes on the bikes?
Nasty D&D slipon... apparently it's not just loud and annoying.

Stage I jet kit and the pipe = 134hp at the rear wheel on the dyno.

Barry

·
Registered
171 Posts
Had a D&D on my R1 and that was loud. Toned it down with a full system Yosh. But have some friends with D&D pipes and damn I like riding in front of them.

·
Moderator,
11,006 Posts
Todd's got the D&D's on his VTR.

One day at his Dad's house, the VTR was idling in the driveway. Inside the house, his Dad was sitting at his desk and asking, "What's that weird buzzing sound?" Todd listened for a minute, put his hand on the window which stopped the buzzing noise and said, "Oh, just my pipes rattling the windows..." Todd's Dad just looked at him... "My Harley doesn't do that..." :laughing

I guess it's a good thing that the VTR out accelerates the SVS. I don't have to hear Todd's pipes when I'm behind him except when it triggers the communicator to pick up the noise.

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
I have a very quiet Akrapovic full system. My Vmax had a 4into2 into1 Holeshot exhaust with 14inch comp canister.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sxy Rdr said:
Todd's got the D&D's on his VTR.

Yeah - and when he is coming down 211 behind me and rolls off the gas I can't even tell my bike is running.

Barry

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
Well if you were faster I would not have to roll off the throttle. :redflip

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts
but loud pipes save lives :redflip

·
Hoof Hearted
2,820 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Scot said:
Same here barry. Your bike is way louder than mine. hehe.

Then again...If I still had it, I would challenge Todd to a sound off with the Vmax. Now that was loud-
You want another? I know of cream puff....

·
Registered
534 Posts
The link doesn't work for me.

I have the ear plugs that fit to the size of your ear canal when they expand, but after wearing them for more then 30 minutes one of my ears will generally start to bother me. I have tried both adjusting the plugs and different plugs, but it seems to just be my ears. I get the same issue with ear bud headphones. :shake

·
Watch Out Kid!! I'm in 1st
495 Posts
Is wearing ear plugs legal?? Supposedly illegal to wear headphone in a car, something about it inhibiting you to hear other drivers warning honks or the sirens of emergancy veichles. So what's the word with ear plugs on a bike???

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bikelessAnt said:
Is wearing ear plugs legal?? Supposedly illegal to wear headphone in a car, something about it inhibiting you to hear other drivers warning honks or the sirens of emergancy veichles. So what's the word with ear plugs on a bike???
Who cares. It's worth saving my hearing.

Barry

·
Watch Out Kid!! I'm in 1st
495 Posts
Yeah it's just a question. No way a officer would even know you had them in, just didn't know what the law says about it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts