Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got $700 in gift cards from X-mas I need to go spend at The Home Depot, what new cool stuff is on the market lately?

I need a new Air Compressor, so that is number one, then maybe a halfass cheap BBQ pit. What cool tools are out?

Just a chit-chat thread in general....spit out some ideas tho

:thatsphat
 

·
Falling asleep to the sound of gunfire, nightly.
Joined
·
6,609 Posts
impact wrench to use with the new air compressor :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,203 Posts
That reminds me, I found an ad for a tiny portable air compressor that was rated up to about 120 psi in the back of one of the recent bike rags. If anyone has a recent copy of Motorcyclist or Sport Rider, take a look in the section they have towards the back that "reviews" new products. The compressor just looks like a little silver box, so it would be easy to miss. I can't find my copy of the magazine, so if you find it, post the web address for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,036 Posts
J-Rod said:
I got $700 in gift cards from X-mas I need to go spend at The Home Depot, what new cool stuff is on the market lately?

I need a new Air Compressor, so that is number one, then maybe a halfass cheap BBQ pit. What cool tools are out?

Just a chit-chat thread in general....spit out some ideas tho

:thatsphat

i woldnt advertise your house is going to turn into the cycle forums garage hahah
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,437 Posts
Remember its better to give to roomates than recieve:laughing

Seriously though, an air comp. would be kewl.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wish list is too long to post, but impacts are on there... will for sure stroll the Dewalt lane!
gotta take the GF to look as well, make her happy.

I do need some really good socket sets etc..too

Joe, what else do you need??:redflip

Have you filled that toolbox yet?

Oh BTW, for anyone thinking about stopping in at my garage, you will have to get by Hank first(my dog). aka KILLER:redflip

The signs on my fence are not for decoration
:D
 

·
Super Greg's DJ Partner
Joined
·
1,670 Posts
There's a home show coming up in february... theres also one this weekend but i think its more gardening stuff... i dont have the site for this weekends one here at work. Just fyi incase anyone likes to see the new goings-ons with houses.

Being a soon-to-be first time home owner, ive already got big plans for the new place including surround sound music for the 2 car garage, wireless network, programmable doorbell, security cameras etc.... of course the reality of mortgage payments will quickly set in and ill be lucky if i get 2 meals a day.

Feb 14-22
http://www.seattlehomeshow.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mnewell said:
$700 in Home Depot gift cards? Damn... You must truly be loved. :clap
big family, and i told them that if any wanted to buy me anything, that was the best thing, since I can't carry big stuff on the plane:nanana

and yes I am loved I suppose:laughing Shocker, huh!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JohnnyRad said:
There's a home show coming up in february... theres also one this weekend but i think its more gardening stuff... i dont have the site for this weekends one here at work. Just fyi incase anyone likes to see the new goings-ons with houses.

Being a soon-to-be first time home owner, ive already got big plans for the new place including surround sound music for the 2 car garage, wireless network, programmable doorbell, security cameras etc.... of course the reality of mortgage payments will quickly set in and ill be lucky if i get 2 meals a day.

Feb 14-22
http://www.seattlehomeshow.com/
good linky...always cool to see what's new
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,020 Posts
Dude....I can't enough for Home Depot or air compressors.
Long story short, I go in to HD for a 2 gallon air compressor for 89.99, and walk out with a 8 gallon for the same price! I love Home Depot, they've got a customer for life. Anyhoo, I third/forth the air compressor. Valuable! Get at LEAST an eight gallon, they're good for everyday use for inflating stuff and what not and intermittent use of air tools.

As far as sockets, I have one set, a Metrinch (sp) set. Indestructable (used them on air tools) and you only need the one set for metric and standard heads. Get that set and an air compressor and dude, you'll be in tool heaven! Oh yeah! There's also a Ryobi cordless kit on sale for 189!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mr. Clean said:
Dude....I can't enough for Home Depot or air compressors.
Long story short, I go in to HD for a 2 gallon air compressor for 89.99, and walk out with a 8 gallon for the same price! I love Home Depot, they've got a customer for life. Anyhoo, I third/forth the air compressor. Valuable! Get at LEAST an eight gallon, they're good for everyday use for inflating stuff and what not and intermittent use of air tools.

As far as sockets, I have one set, a Metrinch (sp) set. Indestructable (used them on air tools) and you only need the one set for metric and standard heads. Get that set and an air compressor and dude, you'll be in tool heaven! Oh yeah! There's also a Ryobi cordless kit on sale for 189!!
damn clean, I thought died or something:redflip Long time no type!

you are right, HD is the shit! It makes Lowes look like a Toy R' Us:laughing
I have some impact sockets already, but could use a few more.
I will be spending good bit of my day at HD on Friday, I'm off and these gift certs. are burning a hole in my pocket
 

·
sumthin sounds crunchy
Joined
·
3,646 Posts
Uhhhhh Pressure Washa!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got mine 6.0 HP 2400PSI


Excell
2400 PSI Pressure Washer
Model VR2400
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tl1ks said:
Uhhhhh Pressure Washa!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got mine 6.0 HP 2400PSI


Excell
2400 PSI Pressure Washer
Model VR2400
Yeah that would be very good addition to the tool collection, I had one in TX, but my dad kept it when I moved...i didn't feel like moving it.
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
8,310 Posts
Our HD just opened a few weeks back. I love it there. Our Lowe's sucks ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Damn Cashmere got a HD?:redflip

Is that a Mini HD?:crackup






j/k HD Rocks
 

·
SHHHHITZILLA
Joined
·
9,452 Posts
wow i just sold my 60 gallon air compressor and impact wrenches and ratchets and hoses and adapters for 150 bucks and a 19 inch monitor! haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wingzerothree said:
wow i just sold my 60 gallon air compressor and impact wrenches and ratchets and hoses and adapters for 150 bucks and a 19 inch monitor! haha
it's a bitch to be a crackhead:redflip




j/k mang
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top