Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you take your time, or do you occasionally dirt track it a little?
i usually take my time but sometimes i like to raise a little hell and spin it out of the corners;)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
On the TL a bit, on this, whenever possible.

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,767 Posts
I've done both, but I like to take it easy on dirt and gravel roads. I'm not a big fan of having my ass end kick out while I'm riding.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Jester27 said:
I've done both, but I like to take it easy on dirt and gravel roads. I'm not a big fan of having my ass end kick out while I'm riding.
+1

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
Jester27 said:
it is the best way to get used to it. It might save you from a highside one day.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I take it a bit easier for I am on a sportbike which means riding position is not like on an MX or even upright riding position bike, not to mention narrow handlebars plus my footrests are up so high & to the rear while lastly is knowledge in my head of an explosive engine under me wanting to go like stink.

I also let the f/forks wobble a bit without trying to take 100% control of them & go back to past dirt comp experience of REAR brake only & stay clear of the front brakes.

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,280 Posts
can't resist... my wrist gets a mind of it's own. :D

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
When following a certain ride leader that is not on this site haha.....we frequently encounter dirt roads. Some of the old paved goat trails out in western Va will turn dirt with almost no warning. Nothing says pucker like 60mph over dirt trying to keep from hitting the guy in front.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts